    from FE0 or FE1?

    Or is the server 10.10.10.3 at port 3389 is accessible from FE1 only if FE0
    is down?

    GG, Jan 31, 2007

  2. GG

    Guest

    On 31 Jan, 05:16, "GG" <> wrote:
    > if appropriate inside ip and PORT number is entered in the form below
    >
    > ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.3 3389 interface fa0/1
    >
    > would one be able to connect to the inside server 10.10.10.3 at port 3389
    > from FE0 or FE1?
    >
    > Or is the server 10.10.10.3 at port 3389 is accessible from FE1 only if FE0
    > is down?

    In this nat command the Interface is a alias
    for the ip address. The behaviour is I think the same
    no matter whether you specify interface or address.
    This is essential for most home ADSL where the address is
    dynamically allocated.

    You have not given enough information I don't think to answer your
    query.

    The nat statement mentions fa0/1 and your question mentions
    FE0 and FE1. I am not sure how these correlate.

    , Jan 31, 2007

  3. GG

    GG Guest

    thank you.

    as what is fa0/1 I still puzzled. I have no fa whatever on the 1811/k9
    configuration but fastethernet0 to 10 which I tend to call FE0 to FE10 to
    shorten typing

    I saw the
    ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.3 3389 interface fa0/1
    in a message advising how to setup up access from FE0 and FE1 to the inside
    RDP server at inside ip of 3. the messge has no other reference to fa0/1

    GG, Feb 1, 2007
  4. GG

    GG Guest

    sorry for my omission.

    I should have mentioned FEZ to FE1 of the Cisco 1811/K9 are external WAN
    link and labelled as such while FE3-9 are internal vlan1 which is a 24 bit
    network (255.255.255.0)

    I am a little curious with their labels for Fe2-10, FE2 to 5 is the bottom
    row with FE X
    while the FE6 to 9 is on the top row with the letters SWITCH.

    Are there any significant difference between the two rows?

    GG, Feb 1, 2007