IP Multicast Routing Table

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by J R, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. J R

    J R Guest

    I have the following on a 7206, is this telling me that Multicasting
    is enabled, but I don't have any routes?

    ROUTER-NAME#sh ip mroute
    IP Multicast Routing Table
    Flags: D - Dense, S - Sparse, B - Bidir Group, s - SSM Group, C - Connected,
    L - Local, P - Pruned, R - RP-bit set, F - Register flag,
    T - SPT-bit set, J - Join SPT, M - MSDP created entry,
    X - Proxy Join Timer Running, A - Candidate for MSDP Advertisement,
    U - URD, I - Received Source Specific Host Report, Z - Multicast
    Tunnel
    Y - Joined MDT-data group, y - Sending to MDT-data group
    Outgoing interface flags: H - Hardware switched
    Timers: Uptime/Expires
    Interface state: Interface, Next-Hop or VCD, State/Mode

    Thanks,
    J R
    J R, Sep 2, 2004

  2. J R

    mh Guest

    Do you have PIM enabled on any interfaces ?

    STUB#sh ip pim int

    Address Interface Ver/ Nbr Query DR DR
    Mode Count Intvl Prior

    STUB#sh ip pim nei
    PIM Neighbor Table
    Neighbor Interface Uptime/Expires Ver DR
    Address Prio/Mode

    Do you have any multicast listeners?

    STUB#sh ip igmp groups
    IGMP Connected Group Membership
    Group Address Interface Uptime Expires Last Reporter
    mh, Sep 3, 2004