    know if it is possible to forward the ip using my cisco box (for
    example 22.22.22.22) to another ip (say 33.33.33.33). I am guessing
    this is possible but so far I haven't found any way to do it. Thanks
    Dan, Feb 5, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Dan <> wrote:
    :I have a pc that I have moved to another location. I would like to
    :know if it is possible to forward the ip using my cisco box (for
    :example 22.22.22.22) to another ip (say 33.33.33.33). I am guessing
    :this is possible but so far I haven't found any way to do it. Thanks

    You don't give us any clue as to whether your Cisco box is a 20-year
    old hub, or a late model router will all the bells and whistles.

    When you say that you moved the PC to another location, do you mean
    something like you moved the PC from your office where it was acting
    as the PDC, to your home several miles away on a completely different
    ISP, but you still want it to act as the PDC ?

    If you move a PC within the same LAN, you usually don't have to renumber it.

    If you had to renumber it for a good reason, and it is still in the
    same LAN, but for some reason it is acting as a server to outside
    access (e.g., you are running an IIS server on it), then if your Cisco
    box is a router with appropriate software, you can use static NAT to
    do the redirection in some cases.

    You've left out so much information that we can't really give you
    an accurate answer.
    --
    Reviewers should be required to produce a certain number of
    negative reviews - like police given quotas for handing out
    Walter Roberson, Feb 5, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    (Dan) wrote:

    > I have a pc that I have moved to another location. I would like to
    > know if it is possible to forward the ip using my cisco box (for
    > example 22.22.22.22) to another ip (say 33.33.33.33). I am guessing
    > this is possible but so far I haven't found any way to do it. Thanks

    You can use static NAT to perform the address translation and
    forwarding. But unless the return path goes back through the same
    router (in the opposite direction), this won't be very helpful, because
    the clients will be expecting responses from 22.22.22.22, but the
    response will come from 33.33.33.33 instead.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA
    Barry Margolin, Feb 6, 2004