    pc on the network. Now I know that the gateway is 192.168.1.1 and my host
    pc is1.2 my laptop is registering as 1.3 but so is my sons. how do i resolve
    this conflict? (Laymans terms please)

    Headtheball, Sep 4, 2004

  2. Headtheball

    Bryan Martin Guest

    XP
    Start->Control Panel->

    Now if in classical view you will see "Network Connections". If in category
    view you will need to click "Network and Internet Connections" then click
    "Network Connections".

    Right click on your network adapter and choose properties. Next double
    click on TCP/IP. Now inside here you should make sure their is a black dot
    next to "Obtain an IP address automatically". You should also set "Obtain
    DNS server address automatically".

    Reboot the PC and repeat to all other PC's on the network.

    Bryan Martin

    "Headtheball" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to connect three pcs together through a gateway router. I

    have
    > the host connected and my laptop, but my sons pc which uses a netgear

    Ma111
    > network adapter keeps telling me that there is an ip conflict with

    another

    Bryan Martin, Sep 6, 2004