  1. hakim soso

    hakim soso Guest

    How can I change an IP assigned to an interface in a Cisco router remotely?

    hakim soso, Sep 18, 2004

  2. On 18.09.2004 21:54 hakim soso wrote:

    > How can I change an IP assigned to an interface in a Cisco router remotely?

    Same way you do when logged in via console.

    Arnold
    --
    Arnold Nipper, AN45

    Arnold Nipper, Sep 18, 2004

  3. hakim soso

    PES Guest

    "hakim soso" <> wrote in message
    > How can I change an IP assigned to an interface in a Cisco router
    > remotely?

    I assume you need to change the actual ip you are connecting to, or you
    wouldn't be asking the question. Will you be changing the gw too? If so,
    you will need to change that first. If the gateway is not local recursive
    lookups will put it through to the one that is local. Then change the ip
    address. Before making any changes, save the config and do a "reload in
    10". Don't do a write mem until you are sure of everything. Then do a
    "reload cancel". Using this method, if you get disconnected, the router
    will reboot to the previous saved config in 10 minutes.

    PES, Sep 18, 2004
  4. hakim soso

    none Guest

    Hook a modem up to the console port and dialup to the unit - then you can
    change it without loosing your session.

    none, Sep 20, 2004
  5. hakim soso

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > How can I change an IP assigned to an interface in a Cisco router remotely?

    Couple of options.

    1) use "reload in 30" to reboot the router in case something goes
    wrong. then change the IP on the far side, get knocked out, change the
    IP on the near side, and off you go.

    2) Have a modem for out of band access. (This is the best approach)

    3) You can get fancy and enable LAT or X25 on the interface. Then you
    can lat connect or use x25 to connect to the far end. Overkill method.

    4) You can change the startup option and reload. This is the gut-check
    method. If you forget to add the "no shut" you're done.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Sep 20, 2004