    getting page cannot be displayed but 5 other people on the same ip can see
    the same thing im trying to so i think i may of accidently banned my ip from
    my server
    Jamie Sheffield, Apr 29, 2004

  2. Sorry the people are on the same ISP not IP all computers on this network
    cant view the webserver
    Jamie Sheffield, Apr 29, 2004

  3. Jamie Sheffield

    doS Guest

    Discount the coax from the modem, leave it off overnight.
    This may cause the dynamic ip to be renewed when you reconnect. Depends on
    how the config files are on your isp's router.

    "Jamie Sheffield" <> wrote in message
    > anyone know how to release a external ip adress from the modem so i can

    get
    > a new 1 from my isp as somehow ive locked myself out of my webserver i

    keep

    doS, Apr 29, 2004
  4. wouldnt it do the same if i just unpluged the power ?

    Jamie Sheffield, Apr 29, 2004
  5. Jamie Sheffield

    doS Guest

    No_Or I would have stated that.

    doS, Apr 29, 2004
  6. Jamie Sheffield

    one_red_eye Guest

    > anyone know how to release a external ip adress from the modem so i can

    get
    > a new 1 from my isp as somehow ive locked myself out of my webserver i

    keep
    > getting page cannot be displayed but 5 other people on the same ip can see
    > the same thing im trying to so i think i may of accidently banned my ip

    from
    > my server

    Unpug the modem, if you called tech support they would have told you that
    for free. Since you've asked here, you're account will be billed $29.95 USD
    for each response.
    one_red_eye, Apr 29, 2004
  7. lol stop talkin crap $29.95 on my own isp's news server which is uk

    Jamie Sheffield, Apr 29, 2004
  8. Jamie Sheffield

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 01:28:49 +0100, Jamie Sheffield wrote:

    >anyone know how to release a external ip adress from the modem so i can get

    Get a new NIC, register it in selfcare. Swap NICs in the PC, (install
    drivers) turn off PC, reboot / turn off CM (maybe several hours) for it
    to lose the old NIC info. Repower everything normally. The change in MAC
    address should give you a new IP. This of course depends on number of
    others users in the same IP block, you may get a new one or the same.

    >a new 1 from my isp as somehow ive locked myself out of my webserver i keep

    Which webserver (software) / local PC / hosting company?

    >getting page cannot be displayed but 5 other people on the same ip can see

    Should that be 'and 5 other people'?

    >the same thing im trying to so i think i may of accidently banned my ip from
    >my server

    Which webserver (software) / local PC / hosting company?

    Me
    why?, Apr 29, 2004