IP addressing

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jp, Aug 30, 2005.

  1. jp

    jp Guest

    Hello,

    I have two 3560 switches and want to configure InterVlan routing.
    So I've searched for some help with my friend Google.
    And I find this :
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk815/technologies_configuration_example09186a008015f17a.shtml

    InterVlan routing works !!

    Well, I have put a firewall between the switch and the internet router.
    But I don't know which addresses I have to put on the switch and the
    firewall.
    Do I need to configure a new subnet (vlan) between the switch and the
    firewall ?

    Thanks for your help.

    Greetings

    JP

    jp, Aug 30, 2005

  2. jp

    Igor Mamuzic Guest

    jp,

    You can create another ip network between switch and fw if you want to. In
    that case create a routed interface on the switch port using IOS interface
    config command 'no switchport'.

    The second option would be to place fw interface in an existing vlan and
    specify that vlan's SWI ip address as a next hop on your fw to reach
    networks behind the switch.

    B.R.
    Igor

    Igor Mamuzic, Aug 30, 2005