    Why should I be so worried if people can get my IP address and how do I stop
    people from getting it? Please help anyone.

    Sammy

    Samantha, Apr 2, 2004

  2. Samantha

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Samantha" <> wrote in
    news:tAjbc.13394$:

    > Why should I be so worried if people can get my IP address and how do
    > I stop people from getting it? Please help anyone.

    You shouldn't be worried, and it isn't possible to stop people from getting
    it.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 2, 2004

  3. Samantha

    Thor Guest

    Well, one can use a proxy server to disguise the real IP, but the point is
    that it isn't anything to be concerned about.

    Thor, Apr 2, 2004
  4. Samantha

    Fred Guest

    Samantha wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Why should I be so worried if people can get my IP address and how do I

    stop
    > people from getting it? Please help anyone.
    >
    > Sammy

    Nothing you can do about that.
    So to secure your connection use a firewall and antivirus. Regularly apply
    the security patches to your operating system.
    Have you visited grc.com to test you vulnerability?
    https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

    Fred, Apr 3, 2004
  5. Samantha

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Samantha" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Why should I be so worried if people can get my IP address and how do I

    stop
    > people from getting it? Please help anyone.

    The IP address to your machine has to be known. How do you think Internet
    traffic can finds your machine. It's pointless to try and hide it anyway.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 3, 2004
  6. Samantha

    Cammie Guest

    the only thing I dont particular like about it, is that people can tell what
    city I live in by it... I use a proxy server most of the time, especially
    when I post to public forums that post the IP

    speaking of proxy's, there is a good site at stayinvisible.com where you
    can get proxies, how to use them, and test your IP address so you can see
    what others see

    Cammie, Apr 3, 2004
  7. Samantha

    Plato Guest

    Cammie wrote:

    > the only thing I dont particular like about it, is that people can tell what
    > city I live in by it... I use a proxy server most of the time, especially
    > when I post to public forums that post the IP

    Nobody cares anyway. The phone book contains thousands of addresses. Who
    cares?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 4, 2004
  8. Samantha

    Cammie Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Nobody cares anyway. The phone book contains thousands of addresses. Who

    cares?

    Face it, sometimes you get in run-ins with people on a forum and they want
    to cause you trouble. If you live in a small town vs a big city, you might
    not want where you live announced to everyone publically like I have.
    They've even found out my last name, somehow. I am not listed in a
    phonebook, I like to be unlisted on the internet too if at all possible, so
    I use proxies a good deal.

    Cammie, Apr 4, 2004
  9. Samantha

    Snake Guest

    On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 22:30:49 GMT, "Cammie" <>
    wrote:
    a sentient being crawled to its computer accessed the usenet and
    stammered
    >the only thing I dont particular like about it, is that people can tell what
    >city I live in by it... I use a proxy server most of the time, especially
    >when I post to public forums that post the IP
    >
    >speaking of proxy's, there is a good site at stayinvisible.com where you
    >can get proxies, how to use them, and test your IP address so you can see
    >what others see

    http://anonymizer.autistici.org/english/

    Snake

    Do not respond by e-mail