    internet it said that it cant find the ip address , does anyone know how I
    can rectify this problem plz as ntl are telling me to see my computer
    dealer.

    PWB, Dec 24, 2004

  2. PWB

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "PWB" <> wrote in message
    news:T_Jyd.1147$...
    |I have an old windows 98 PC but wen I went to set it up to go on the
    | internet it said that it cant find the ip address , does anyone know how I
    | can rectify this problem plz as ntl are telling me to see my computer
    | dealer.

    To get to the Internet, you should be getting the IP address from the ISP.
    Try this: go to the Control Panel, double click on Network Properties,
    highlight TCP/IP in the list and press the Properties button. (If TCP/IP
    isn't in the list, click the add button instead and add the TCP/IP protocol
    listed under Microsoft). In the TCP/IP properties, it should be set to get
    an IP address automatically. Post back with what you find out if you need
    more assistance.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 24, 2004