IP Address renewal problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?UmljaA==?=, Jun 4, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I installed XP Home and everything works fine and all, but i get bored of
    the actual XP GUI after a while like everyone else and i go to download a
    Transformation pack, i install it in safe mode and everything works ok, until
    a couple of days - a month, XP cannot renew my IP address.

    I have tried reverting the XP back to normal via uninstalling the pack and
    it still cannot renew the IP, i am forced to reinstall XP and start all over,
    which i dont want to do again.

    Is there a way to manually renew the IP address and so Firefox can actually
    access the web?

    Also, it isnt a router problem or my wireless adapter as i tried them on my
    dads pc. Im using the Orange Livebox with a D-Link Wireless USB adapter.

    thanks for your time,

    Rich
    --
    - skin our way through XP -

    Richard Edmonds,

    Sleaford,
    Lincolnshire,
    England

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaA==?=, Jun 4, 2007

  2. Hi
    This pages describe the process to evaluate the System and a way to Fix it.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless
    http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 4, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UmljaA==?=

    Jesse Guest

    not sure if you can do that, your ISP has issued you dynamic or static, if
    its static then you cannot renew the ip and you will get the same old IP
    address, however if u are on dynamic you should be able to by just switching
    your router off and then restart it ...

    Jesse, Jun 10, 2007