IP Address Questions

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 18, 2007.

  1. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:30:02 -0500, TJ wrote:

    >"Mike Easter" <> wrote in
    >
    >> inc wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've a lot of relatives who are installing routers, probably because
    >>> laptops have become so affordable. I've tried to explain IP, WAN,
    >>> DHCP, NAT to them, and I always get that 'blank' look.

    >> Most of the time you start getting that blank look as soon as you start
    >> talking about the IP address, so when you get that, it is time to go to
    >> a more primitive level, like name, address, telephone number and
    >> telephone books.
    >>
    >> That's one of the advantages of explaining something in person rather
    >> than email or newsgroups -- you get some immediate feedback consisting
    >> of glassy eyes.

    >You're too nice. I never feel as though I've waxed techie enough until the
    >eyes glaze over, the mouth falls open, and you can see just a hint of
    >drool.

    I get that from the rest of the IT group, I have to keep going slower
    and lower. There was a quote in a movie once, with the hot Hilary
    Swank, it went something like - I couldn't think as slow as you if I
    tried.

    Me

    why?, Aug 20, 2007

  2. On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:30:02 -0500, TJ wrote:
    <snippet>
    > You're too nice. I never feel as though I've waxed techie enough until the
    > eyes glaze over, the mouth falls open, and you can see just a hint of
    > drool.

    LOL!

    Ophelia Cummins, Aug 21, 2007