    And what is the best IP address locator tool on the internet?

    I have two bookmarked, and one says that IP is in Garland TX and the other
    says it is in Reston VA.

    Angie, Jun 1, 2006

  2. Angie

    Brian Guest

    I use who is http://psacake.com/web/eg.asp. It comes up with Verizon in
    Reston Va for that IP. It also gives a contact phone as well if there is a
    problem with that IP address. Hope that helps

    Brian

    Brian, Jun 1, 2006

  3. Angie

    Fred Guest

    Angie wrote:
    > Is there any way to tell if 71.96.16.236 is an AOL IP ?
    >
    > And what is the best IP address locator tool on the internet?
    >
    > I have two bookmarked, and one says that IP is in Garland TX and the
    > other says it is in Reston VA.

    NeoTrace says that the ip is in Dallas and that Verizon have registered
    offices in Reston.

    NeoTrace Trace Version 3.25 Results
    Target: 71.96.16.236
    Date: 1/6/06 (Thursday), 3:01:34 PM
    Nodes: 21

    Node Data
    Node Net Reg IP Address Location Node Name
    21 10 8 71.96.16.236 Dallas
    pool-71-96-16-236.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net

    OrgName: Verizon Internet Services Inc.
    OrgID: VRIS
    Address: 1880 Campus Commons Dr
    City: Reston
    StateProv: VA
    PostalCode: 20191
    Country: US

    Fred, Jun 1, 2006
  4. OrgName: Verizon Internet Services Inc.

    OrgID: VRIS

    Address: 1880 Campus Commons Dr

    City: Reston

    StateProv: VA