IP address problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmFyZWQ=?=, Mar 27, 2005.

1. all of the computers on my network have different IP addresses, and when I
    try to change them to the same one manually, the network messes up. I am not
    sure whether or not all computers have to be on the same IP address in order
    to share a printer and files. I am having problems doing both, and I am
    wondering if that is the problem. It is quite confusing. The other computer
    can locate the printers and file folders, it is just that it wont let it view
    the files or hook up to the printer...it says either that "the network lost
    connection to the server" or "the name of the printer is invalid" or "you do
    not have access to this folder, contact the system administrator". PLEASE
    HELP!
    =?Utf-8?B?SmFyZWQ=?=, Mar 27, 2005
    1. Advertising

2. All the computers need to have different IP addresses, so don't change them.
    Try www.practicallynetworked.com for help in troubleshooting. You must share
    the printer & files first and then install the printer drivers on each
    computer. When installing the printer use the Browse button to find it on the
    network.

"Jared" wrote:

> all of the computers on my network have different IP addresses, and when I
    > try to change them to the same one manually, the network messes up. I am not
    > sure whether or not all computers have to be on the same IP address in order
    > to share a printer and files. I am having problems doing both, and I am
    > wondering if that is the problem. It is quite confusing. The other computer
    > can locate the printers and file folders, it is just that it wont let it view
    > the files or hook up to the printer...it says either that "the network lost
    > connection to the server" or "the name of the printer is invalid" or "you do
    > not have access to this folder, contact the system administrator". PLEASE
    > HELP!
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=, Mar 28, 2005
    1. Advertising

3. I did use the browse button, but every time I try It, it will say either "the
    network server cannot be contacted" or " the device may have been
    disconnected from the network." I am not sure what may be wrong.

"Mary" wrote:

> All the computers need to have different IP addresses, so don't change them.
    > Try www.practicallynetworked.com for help in troubleshooting. You must share
    > the printer & files first and then install the printer drivers on each
    > computer. When installing the printer use the Browse button to find it on the
    > network.
    >
    > "Jared" wrote:
    >
    > > all of the computers on my network have different IP addresses, and when I
    > > try to change them to the same one manually, the network messes up. I am not
    > > sure whether or not all computers have to be on the same IP address in order
    > > to share a printer and files. I am having problems doing both, and I am
    > > wondering if that is the problem. It is quite confusing. The other computer
    > > can locate the printers and file folders, it is just that it wont let it view
    > > the files or hook up to the printer...it says either that "the network lost
    > > connection to the server" or "the name of the printer is invalid" or "you do
    > > not have access to this folder, contact the system administrator". PLEASE
    > > HELP!
    > >
    =?Utf-8?B?SmFyZWQ=?=, Mar 28, 2005
    1. Advertising