    documentation on this issue? If so, please point me to it. I have attempted
    to "Google" this one.No Joy. The cisco site is not helping either. Thanks.

    Bubba

    nkingcade, May 3, 2005

  2. nkingcade

    Guest

    You have to set IP of different subnets for each interface. I guess you
    use 192.168.1.xx 255.255.255.0 on serial 0 ?

    DT

    , May 3, 2005

  3. nkingcade

    vtan Guest

    Most likely IP address/subnet overlapping.
    What are the IP and subnet given to E0, S0 and S1?

    "nkingcade" <> wrote in message
    > Question: I have a 2500 router. I am addressing two subnets. Three
    > interfaces. E0, S0, S1. I encounter a "192.168.1.25 overlaps the address

    on
    > serial0" error when I attempt to use this address on serial1. Can you

    offer

    vtan, May 4, 2005
  4. nkingcade

    Joe Beasley Guest

    > interfaces. E0, S0, S1. I encounter a "192.168.1.25 overlaps the address on
    What are the ip addresses and subnet masks on all interfaces? Sounds like
    the two addresses are on the same subnet.
    --
    Joe Beasley
    <spam bait>

    Joe Beasley, May 6, 2005
  5. nkingcade

    anurag asthana

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    to resolve the issue do subnetting or use different ip address of diff nw

    i was facing the same problem..

    thing is, every interface in router is a different broadcast domain. Now if we will put ip addresses from the same broadcast domain then router will not accept it and it will give error.

    solution: to resolve the issue do subnetting or use different ip address of diff nw

    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
    anurag asthana, Jun 7, 2009