    How do I know the IP address of a particular website I visited? Is there a
    place in window xp that wiould display the ip address of websites i visited?

    Thank You.
    Raymond, Jul 13, 2004

  2. Raymond

    Derek Guest

    Start | Run | then type in 'nslookup' - when you get the dos window type in
    the website name, i.e. 'www.neowin.net' - it'll tell you the ip address.

    Derek, Jul 13, 2004

  3. Raymond

    AG Guest

    "Raymond" <> wrote in message
    > How do I know the IP address of a particular website I visited? Is there

    > place in window xp that wiould display the ip address of websites i

    visited?

    > Thank You.

    Just FYI a particular web site might not have it's own IP address if the
    host is doing virtual hosting, which means that all of the sites on a
    particular server use the same IP. You can use ping to get an IP or
    NSLOOKUP.
    This site will do it for you:
    http://dnsstuff.com/

    I often use them since there are other tools to determine where a particular
    email is being bounced from when a customer is having email problems.
    Sometimes I need to correspond with the people there to figure out where the
    problem lies and I have to figure out who they are to talk to them.
    AG
    AG, Jul 13, 2004
  4. Raymond

    kiran1