    Another odd thing: I can't start up Windows Firewall. It says it can't open
    up (ICS)/Windows Firewall. Think the problems might be connected?

    Thank You for all your help.
    =?Utf-8?B?U2V0aCBUaG9tcHNvbg==?=, Jun 23, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2V0aCBUaG9tcHNvbg==?=

    Clark Guest

    Just for more information, can you try pinging 127.0.0.1, and your own
    address, and the router to see what you get?

    Are the other computers also wireless?

    It sounds like you have Windows firewall turned off, but if not, do so.
    Turning off all the security you can will eliminate possible causes. If you
    look at the details when you have the wireless connection highlighted, what
    do they say: IP address of: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx assigned by what?

    I am starting to think some update has been done that is messing up some
    wireless networks because there are so many folks having your type of
    problem. Maybe we will find out soon.

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 23, 2005

  3. I am experienceing the same issues on my one machine in the wireless network.
    My ISP has sent me a new host port, but that doesn't fix it. I can ping
    external addresses to my network but the IP will not renew? I can see data
    being sent on the port but nothing ever comes back. Jeff M.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBNLg==?=, Jun 23, 2005
  4. It says error code 2.

    Nothing else.

    It can't get to the network, although it sees it.
    =?Utf-8?B?U2V0aCBUaG9tcHNvbg==?=, Jun 23, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U2V0aCBUaG9tcHNvbg==?=

    Clark Guest

    Just for the heck of it, does anyone have the KB826942 Wireless rollup
    hotfix installed? You might be able to tell from the add/remove programs
    area if you include updates, or check this registry entry: Maybe we can
    find something in common with all these wireless problems.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP2\KB826942

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 23, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U2V0aCBUaG9tcHNvbg==?=

    Guest

    My laptop won't connect to the router any longer, after installing the
    hotfixes etc on my XP SP2. The router is still functioning (I can
    connect from another PC).

    I can see the wireless network (this hasn't changed), but it seems the
    laptop doesn't transmit anything (the MAC address doesn't show up in
    the router log).

    I changed the PCMCIA card, but got the same results (receive only). I
    removed my Kerio PFW, and tried to remove some of the hot-fixes, but
    without result. I'll check the KB26942 tonight, but has this been
    rolled out lately?

    Martijn
    , Jun 27, 2005

  8. =?Utf-8?B?U2V0aCBUaG9tcHNvbg==?=

    Guest

    No, it seems I do not have that hotfix installed. There is only one
    hotfix in the SP2 branch, and under SP3 the lowest number hotfix is
    KB34707.
    , Jun 27, 2005