    I am not 100% sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but I've gotten lost on here =)

    I need help finding out somone's IP address on a forum. I believe someone has left me nasty messages on my live journal (and I have the IP of that person, and just want to see if it matches who I think it is.)

    Are there any programes you can recommend?

    allie83, Jul 17, 2009

  2. allie83

    MeekiMoo

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    You should download CurrPorts. It's pretty simple to use. Or you could just read the full e-mail header of the entry and it'll state the IP of the person who wrote it. If you wanna use CurrPorts though, I'd recommend making up another e-mail address than your own then attaining the e-mail of whomever's making the nasty comments. Add their e-mail to your IM, say you met them online at some forum or something or through some friend... Make sure CurrPorts is running while you're talking to them. It doesn't matter if they believe you... just try and keep them talking for at least 5-10 minutes. CurrPorts will have already tracked down their IP by then. There will numerous processes running in CurrPorts, so scroll down to the one of your IM program (eg. msn would be msnmsgr.exe or yahoo would be yahoomsgr.exe or something along those lines). One of those lines of should say something like by2.messenger.live or something similar to that. The line below or above that should be the perpetrator's IP. If you need clarification about that go to yahoo answers: answers . yahoo . com / question / index?qid=20080308144019AA2LIst (without the spaces, of course)
    It should be pretty self-explanatory.
    Now if only, someone could answer MY threads... lol

    MeekiMoo, Jul 29, 2009