IOS Upgrade crashed CISCO 2948G

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Stoeppie, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. Stoeppie

    Stoeppie

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Hi everybody. I hope someone could help me!!??

    I have Update a Cisco switch (2948G) with the latest version for this equipment.
    But after this, the switch does not boot normaly. It autoreboot everytime.
    Only rommon Mode can be used to configure someting.

    After I looked in the internet, I found something about a bootloader, that it could be that this bootloader is too old and thats why the image cant`be loaded. is this the trought?

    And how can I give my Switch Life back!??? ;-)

    Thanks a lot!

    Here is a copy of the Messages of the Switch during the boot:

    The system will now begin autobooting.
    Autobooting image: "bootflash:cat4000.6-4-21.bin"
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCUþ0:00.573955: No gateway has been specified
    0:00.575038: Please set TftpServer variable to do tftp downloads
    0:00.576507: ig0: 00:30:24:cb:fb:fe is 192.168.0.1
    0:00.577090: netmask: 255.255.255.0
    0:00.577431: broadcast: 192.168.0.255
    0:00.577783: gateway: 0.0.0.0
    WS-C2948G bootrom version 4.4(1), built on 1998.12.28 10:22:22
    H/W Revisions: Fin: 2 Head: 6 Board: 1
    Supervisor MAC addresses: 00:30:24:cb:f8:00 through 00:30:24:cb:fb:ff (1024 addresses)
    Installed memory: 64 MB
    Testing LEDs.... done!
    The system will autoboot in 5 seconds.
    Type control-C to prevent autobooting.
    rommon
    The system will now begin autobooting.

    this are all rommon variables(there is no dldn, or something like this!!)

    rommon?
    alias set and display aliases command
    dev list the device table
    dir list files in file system
    copy copy file between file systems
    del delete a file
    undelete undelete a file
    squeeze remove deleted files
    history monitor command history
    repeat repeat a monitor command
    sync write monitor environment to Nvram
    unalias unset an alias
    unset unset a monitor variable
    boot boot an image from flash/network
    clear clear configurations, use 'clear help' for more info
    help print list of available commands
    ping ping an ip addr
    promrestore restore a corrupted boot ROM
    reset restart the system
    set show/set environment vars, use 'set help' for more info
    show show config parameters, use 'show help' for more info
    sprom display sprom contents
    version display version info
    rommon

    How can I get a funtionabel switch back??

    are there any Toturials or something like that for such a old produkt??

    Thanks!

    Stoeppie, Aug 22, 2006