IOS-Update on Cisco 805 with 4 MB Flash

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Marty, Oct 1, 2007.

  1. Marty

    Marty Guest

    Hello,
    I have the following Problem. I have an Cisco 805 with only 4 MB
    Flash.
    I need to update the running IOS.

    First I made the following:

    1) delete flash:/cisco-ver-ios.bin
    2) squeeze flash
    3) delete flash
    4) copy tftp flash

    Now the problem is, that the "old" IOS isn´t really deleted and
    because of the small flash I can´t get the new one on the machine.
    (there´s no space left on device).

    Is there anyway to get the new IOS to the router without an direct
    serial connection?
    My favorite way is to get the image over tftp on the router.
    Is this possible???

    Thanks for your help.

    Marty

    Marty, Oct 1, 2007

  2. Marty,

    I prefer to actually FORMAT the Flash before installing a new IOS. I know
    it's seems to be more risky, but actually if installation fails, it does not
    matter, if you deleted all files manually or formatted the flash.

    Good luck,

    Mike
    CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
    CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)
    ------
    Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones
    www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com
    www.headsetadapter.com

    headsetadapter.com, Oct 1, 2007

  3. Marty

    Marty Guest

    On 1 Okt., 21:03, Marty <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have the following Problem. I have an Cisco 805 with only 4 MB
    > Flash.
    > I need to update the running IOS.
    >
    > First I made the following:
    >
    > 1) delete flash:/cisco-ver-ios.bin
    > 2) squeeze flash
    > 3) delete flash
    > 4) copy tftp flash
    >
    > Now the problem is, that the "old" IOS isn´t really deleted and
    > because of the small flash I can´t get the new one on the machine.
    > (there´s no space left on device).
    >
    > Is there anyway to get the new IOS to the router without an direct
    > serial connection?
    > My favorite way is to get the image over tftp on the router.
    > Is this possible???
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Marty

    Hello again,

    on the Cisco 805 there is no format flash command. Only squeeze and
    erase are possible.

    Marty

    Marty, Oct 2, 2007
  4. Marty

    Guest

    What is the size of the file that you're trying to load on the flash?

    , Oct 3, 2007