    could still get it) since it's only used for testing and training purposes.
    Does anyone know if Cisco still sells older releases of software for
    refurbished / obsolete models?
    news-server.sc.rr.com, May 15, 2005

  2. In article <wKPhe.32821$>,
    news-server.sc.rr.com <> wrote:
    :I have a 1720 that I need to get a IOS 12.2(20)XJ loaded on so it will
    :support a WIC-1ENET module.

    You probably don't want that -- it's one of the versions
    affected by the ssh and malicious IPv4 packet problems.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_advisory09186a008042d51b.shtml

    :I don't want Smartnet for it (not even sure I
    :could still get it)

    Looks like you can't -- last day for -new- support contracts on
    the 1720 was Aug 1, 2004.
    --
    "Never install telephone wiring during a lightning storm." -- Linksys
    Walter Roberson, May 16, 2005