    Where does one go to download IOS for a 3750? I've never had trouble
    getting IOS for 2924XL and 2950's from the website, but 3750 is nowhere to
    be found. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

    Stevie, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Stevie

    waresd Guest

    waresd, Dec 4, 2004

  3. Stevie

    Seth Guest

    Seth, Dec 4, 2004
  4. Stevie

    Stevie Guest

    Hmm, I'm logged in, but I don't have a contract. It's showing "There are
    currently no files for this type." Is this one of those products where you
    need a SMARTnet contract to get software? :(

    Stevie, Dec 4, 2004
  5. Stevie

    Stevie Guest

    I only have guest access to the Cisco site. Does this tool require a
    contract?

    Stevie, Dec 4, 2004
  6. Stevie

    Seth Guest

    I'm afraid so.

    BTW the most current release is 12.2.20.SE3, Nov 23 2004.

    Also 12.2.25.SE on Nov 15 2004, 12.1(19)EA1d on April 11, 2004.

    Seth, Dec 4, 2004
  7. "Stevie" <> wrote in message
    > Where does one go to download IOS for a 3750? I've never had trouble
    > getting IOS for 2924XL and 2950's from the website, but 3750 is nowhere to
    > be found. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

    The 3750 requires a service contract to get software upgrades.

    You will notice that the 2924 and 2950 versions available are 6+ months old.

    Latest/greatest software calls for a service contract.

    Phillip Remaker, Dec 4, 2004
  8. Stevie

    Stevie Guest

    Ah, bummer. That being said, does anyone have preferred vendors for this
    SMARTnet stuff? :) As I understand it, it's sold by resellers, but the end
    result is all the same. Does it boil down to "pick whoever is cheapest"?

    Also, are both 12.1 and 12.2 considered "stable" and usable in production?
    What's recommended? Thanks.

    Stevie, Dec 4, 2004
  9. In article <Xns95B58AA64154E42nospamplease42@216.168.3.50>,
    Stevie <> wrote:
    :Ah, bummer. That being said, does anyone have preferred vendors for this
    :SMARTnet stuff? :) As I understand it, it's sold by resellers, but the end
    :result is all the same. Does it boil down to "pick whoever is cheapest"?

    Yup, it pretty much boils down to whoever is cheapest. Watch out for
    shipping charges. Also, careful about your smartnet part numbers:
    a good place will work with you to ensure you have the right contract,
    but the discount places will just blindly bill you for whatever part
    number you give them.

    Cisco is changing their part numbering scheme, and not making it easy
    to figure out what the best smartnet part number is for a given device
    [i.e, they are inconsistant in their naming strategy.] Even the
    Support Contract Centre has difficulty answering questions about what
    the right part number should be. For now, you can order by the older
    PKG numbering scheme; depending on the exact model and software you
    have for the 3750, it can be anywhere from PKG6 to PKG9 (ummm,
    the -16TD might be a higher package number than 9, I don't recall for sure.)
    --
    Can a statement be self-referential without knowing it?

    Walter Roberson, Dec 4, 2004
  10. Stevie

    Stevie Guest

    Hmm, okay. Is the PKGX naming the new or old scheme? Thanks. *looks for
    his wallet* :)

    -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) wrote in

    Stevie, Dec 5, 2004
  11. In article <Xns95B5C22ACAC3A42nospamplease42@216.168.3.50>,
    Stevie <> top-posted:

    :-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) wrote in
    :news:cothi5$ge$:

    :Hmm, okay. Is the PKGX naming the new or old scheme?

    As I indicated:

    :> For now, you can order by the older
    :> PKG numbering scheme;

    The new naming scheme uses suffixes derived (inconsistantly) from
    part numbers. For example, CON-SNTP-C3750G-24TS or CON-OSP-WS-4506,
    but sources differ on the proper hyphenation. And for the 3750,
    you have to watch out for whether that last 'S' is completing
    the part number and referring to the SMI image, or is instead
    the 'S' representing the SPF ports with the part number incomplete
    because it doesn't specify EMI or SMI.

    You will find that very very few vendors have the new part numbers
    indexed by google yet. A couple of the vendors have a subset of
    the parts indexed by their own search engines... but on the whole,
    not many places have caught up with the new naming scheme yet.

    Then there's the CON-*-PKGx versus CON-*-VPKGx distinction, which
    the Support Contract Centre was not able to explain to me (just
    what -is- a "Virtualized Package" anyhow ??) And to make things
    even more confusing, the same part number such as CON-SNE-PKG6
    exists in different editions for different markets; e.g., the
    European Union Marketing Area (EUMA) version is a different price
    but the same part number.
    --
    If a troll and a half can hook a reader and a half in a posting and a half,
    how many readers can six trolls hook in six postings?

    Walter Roberson, Dec 5, 2004