    --
    Rich

    http://www.badangling.com -= Sea fishing badly explained =-

    Rich, Apr 15, 2007

  2. On Apr 15, 3:18 pm, "Rich" <> wrote:
    > Is there any benefit in using the console to configure IOS on a catalyst
    > switch as opposed to the network assistant utility?
    >
    > --
    > Rich
    >
    > http://www.badangling.com -= Sea fishing badly explained =-

    net assistant is garbage

    always configure from cli

    christian koch, Apr 17, 2007

  3. Rich

    J.Cottingim Guest

    > net assistant is garbage
    >
    > always configure from cli

    Although that might be true, it does little to answer the question.
    Thanks for being obvious Christian.

    The network assistant is meant to provide the novice a simple way to
    set up a router.
    You can configure most features from the network assistant, but the
    CLI provides FULL access to ALL features,

    My suggestion is to use the network assistant if you must. If you want
    the cleanest configuration AND have complete knowledge of how it's
    configured, use the CLI.

    JC

    J.Cottingim, Apr 17, 2007