[IOS] (C1700-ADVSECURITYK9-M V 12.4) cannot reload at x:y !

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dominix, Sep 6, 2008.

  1. dominix

    dominix Guest

    Hi all.

    I've got an error when I issue :

    Router4#reload at 19:00
    %The date and time must be set first.

    I have check for this error message but did not find the reason of the
    error.
    however time is set :
    sh clock
    *16:07:02.820 TAHT Fri Sep 5 2008

    it works if I issue "reload in 2:30" then it will reload in 2 hours
    and a half.
    what should I do to fix this problem. (it's on a 1721)

    see ya.

    Dx
    dominix, Sep 6, 2008

  2. dominix

    News Reader Guest

    dominix wrote:
    > Hi all.
    >
    > I've got an error when I issue :
    >
    > Router4#reload at 19:00
    > %The date and time must be set first.
    >

    > I have check for this error message but did not find the reason of the
    > error.
    > however time is set :
    > sh clock
    > *16:07:02.820 TAHT Fri Sep 5 2008
    >
    > it works if I issue "reload in 2:30" then it will reload in 2 hours
    > and a half.
    > what should I do to fix this problem. (it's on a 1721)
    >
    > see ya.
    >
    > Dx

    Are you using NTP, and was the clock not synchronized at the time you
    executed the command?

    The asterisk (*) preceding the time "likely" indicates that the clock
    was not synchronized with its upstream time source when you issued the
    command.

    Prior to synchronization, I see an asterisk preceding the time in syslog
    messages, so I assume the same meaning is attributed to the command
    output you've provided.

    Best Regards,
    News Reader
    News Reader, Sep 6, 2008

  3. dominix

    News Reader Guest

    News Reader, Sep 6, 2008
  4. dominix

    dominix Guest

    Re: (C1700-ADVSECURITYK9-M V 12.4) cannot reload at x:y !

    On 6 sep, 05:56, News Reader <> wrote:
    > dominix wrote:
    > > Hi all.

    > > I've got an error when I issue :

    > > Router4#reload at 19:00
    > > %The date and time must be set first.

    > > I have check for this error message but did not find the reason of the
    > > error.
    > > however time is set :
    > > sh clock
    > > *16:07:02.820 TAHT Fri Sep 5 2008

    > > it works if I issue "reload in 2:30" then it will reload in 2 hours
    > > and a half.
    > > what should I do to fix this problem. (it's on a 1721)

    > > see ya.

    > > Dx

    > Are you using NTP, and was the clock not synchronized at the time you
    > executed the command?
    >
    > The asterisk (*) preceding the time "likely" indicates that the clock
    > was not synchronized with its upstream time source when you issued the
    > command.
    >
    > Prior to synchronization, I see an asterisk preceding the time in syslog
    > messages, so I assume the same meaning is attributed to the command
    > output you've provided.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > News Reader

    mmm, I'll check that ASAP, thanks