    Boot process failed... "

    Why can I boot from the image?

    Thank You

    Cisco563, Dec 10, 2006

  2. Cisco563

    Make Guest

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps607/products_tech_note09186a0080094955.shtml

    If you receive the error loading flash message, this indicates that there is
    a problem loading the current image in Flash. The image may be corrupt, an
    incorrect image, or the image in Flash may be missing. If the system is
    unable to load a software image in Flash, the system loads the boot helper
    and brings up a switch: prompt. Otherwise it is in a continuous boot cycle.
    If the switch is stuck in a continuous boot cycle, use this procedure to
    bring up a switch: prompt:

    Make, Dec 10, 2006

  3. Cisco563

    Cisco563 Guest

    I followed what both section said to do. The only way that I am able to
    boot the image is if I boot it manually by using the command
    "boot flash:c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC11.bin". However, after I reload
    the switch I have the same problem. What else can I do?

    Thank You

    Cisco563, Dec 11, 2006
  4. Cisco563

    Make Guest

    So you have wrong boot string? Boot manually and conf t:
    boot system flash:c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC11.bin (or something like that)
    exit
    write
    reload

    Make, Dec 11, 2006
  5. "Cisco563" <> writes:
    >I followed what both section said to do. The only way that I am able to
    >boot the image is if I boot it manually by using the command
    >"boot flash:c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC11.bin". However, after I reload
    >the switch I have the same problem. What else can I do?

    I've seen this a couple times.

    Try resetting your boot strings in both the IOS boot configuration, as
    well as in the bootstrap monitor once it bombs out. Make sure your
    config register is correct.

    Its a strange error indeed.

    Doug McIntyre, Dec 11, 2006