    dusaster?

    Regards

    John.
    John, Feb 19, 2007

  2. John

    GHalleck Guest

    John wrote:

    > Roger.
    > I must have been lucky with this brand.
    > Over many years I have used Iomega drives with
    > never a problem - with the exception when one of
    > my grandchildren fed the Zip a piec of aluminium!
    >
    > As a matter of interest, what was your personal Iomega
    > dusaster?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > John.

    Never had a disaster. Only 5 COD's out of 60 Iomega SCSI Internals
    installed brand new in Windows NT, 2000, XP and Macintosh OS systems.
    Currently, 6 units still in operation with 1 unused spare in storage.
    GHalleck, Feb 19, 2007

  3. John wrote:
    > Roger.
    > I must have been lucky with this brand.
    > Over many years I have used Iomega drives with
    > never a problem - with the exception when one of
    > my grandchildren fed the Zip a piec of aluminium!
    >
    > As a matter of interest, what was your personal Iomega
    > dusaster?

    Not sure about this thread. If it's referring back to the Jaz disks that
    I commented on earlier, it wasn't Zip disks at all. Jaz disks are/were
    different. Besides the drive I had two or three of the disks and one
    failed completely and lost all data. Another one or two disks were
    undependable. Sometimes they'd be recognized and could be accessed,
    sometimes not. I put the whole mess down in the basement I think, where
    there are many dinosaurs of technology grazing in the dark, dank silence.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 19, 2007