    Does anyone have any knowledge or thoyghts on this?

    Thanks

    -sam

    b.t.w they are at www.digitalacoustics.com

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forum
    no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup -
    ss, Nov 4, 2005

  2. ss

    ss Guest

    did some homework.. the IP intercoms connect directly to an RJ45 network
    cable and you can add as many as needed., kind of plug and play. In our
    case we are adding them for Parking system intercoms for a school parking
    system. 23 stations already have Ethernet for access cards, so we can add
    an IP intercom to each one. All 23 hook up to the PC at a guard station PC
    ....about a mile away..
    Nice thing is there is no head end.. just connect and they 'find' the PC
    at audio control software running at the guard station.

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
    no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup -
    ss, Nov 9, 2005

  3. ss

    wkearney99 Guest

    > did some homework.. the IP intercoms connect directly to an RJ45 network
    > cable and you can add as many as needed., kind of plug and play. In our
    > case we are adding them for Parking system intercoms for a school parking
    > system. 23 stations already have Ethernet for access cards, so we can add
    > an IP intercom to each one. All 23 hook up to the PC at a guard station PC
    > ...about a mile away..

    Ouch, at over $300 each that's not exactly very cost effective.
    wkearney99, Nov 11, 2005