    and also system files. Is there some magic going on?

    Thanks,
    Billh

    billh, Apr 15, 2004

  2. billh

    Damjan Guest

    > Before running the full scan I used Explorer to look at
    > C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files folder. I didn't see Qdow.dll - there
    > are some entries for Realplayer and Panda Software. There was no

    sub-folder
    > Conflict.1 either. I have Explorer set to show hidden files and folders
    > and also system files. Is there some magic going on?

    Try to use some alternative file explirer, like Total Commander.
    That help often. Try to go in safe mode too, and look there.

    Greets,

    Damjan, Apr 18, 2004

  3. billh

    Pete Rife Guest

    Bill,

    I would suggest turning off the System Restore feature, restart, run AVG,
    then turn the System Restore feature back on. I have experienced several
    adware and virii that required this step to completely remove.

    HTH

    Pete

    Pete Rife, Apr 19, 2004
  4. billh

    Damjan Guest

    > Bill,
    >
    > I would suggest turning off the System Restore feature, restart, run AVG,
    > then turn the System Restore feature back on. I have experienced several
    > adware and virii that required this step to completely remove.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Pete

    Pete, do you maby know, why the folder called "System Volume Information"
    doesn't disappear (i have system restore turned off at all HDD)?

    Greets,

    Damjan, Apr 20, 2004
  5. billh

    Pete Rife Guest

    Hey Bill,

    Simply turning off system restore will not delete the folder. You can take
    ownership of the folder and gain access to it and thereby delete old restore
    points. Generally as a rule I would advise against deleting the folder.
    Did you ultimately get the trojan off your system?

    Regards,

    Pete Rife

    Did the virus scan with system restore turned off solve your virus problem?

    Pete Rife, Apr 23, 2004