    Any suggestions?

    --
    paul

    paul, Dec 28, 2003

  2. paul

    Bob Guest

    replace the ram

    Bob, Dec 28, 2003

  3. paul

    Peter Guest

    paul wrote:

    > I am having major probs with my sons new computer, in that it is shuttting
    > down by its self all the time. I have sent the error message to Microsoft
    > and they tell me it is due to a ram access memeory fault.
    >
    > I have run thier memory checking program and it comes up with intermitant
    > errors in the invc and malt3 areas and reports a inverse coupling fault.

    sounds like it needs to go back to the shop where you bought it

    Peter, Dec 28, 2003
  4. paul

    T.N.O. Guest

    paul wrote:
    > I have run thier memory checking program and it comes up with
    > intermitant errors in the invc and malt3 areas and reports a inverse
    > coupling fault.
    > Any suggestions?

    If it's new, take it back to where you got it and tell them to fix it,
    if it is old, buy some new ram.

    T.N.O., Dec 28, 2003
  5. paul

    ~misfit~ Guest

    paul wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > I am having major probs with my sons new computer, in that it is
    > shuttting down by its self all the time. I have sent the error
    > message to Microsoft and they tell me it is due to a ram access
    > memeory fault.
    >
    > I have run thier memory checking program and it comes up with
    > intermitant errors in the invc and malt3 areas and reports a inverse
    > coupling fault.
    >
    > Its running XP pro.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Yes. If it is in fact a 'new' computer then get the supplier to replace the
    RAM, it's shot.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 28, 2003
  6. paul

    paul Guest

    done that

    --
    paul

    paul, Dec 29, 2003
  7. paul

    ac Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > done that

    Check the memory timings in your Motherboard BIOS, maybe they are too
    aggressive. Also try memtest86 from: http://www.memtest86.com/

    > On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 06:48:22 +1300, Bob <> wrote:
    >
    > > replace the ram

    snip

    ac, Dec 29, 2003
  8. paul wrote:

    > I am having major probs with my sons new computer, in that it is
    > shuttting down by its self all the time. I have sent the error message
    > to Microsoft and they tell me it is due to a ram access memeory fault.
    >
    > I have run thier memory checking program and it comes up with
    > intermitant errors in the invc and malt3 areas and reports a inverse
    > coupling fault.

    Usually the ram, but i had a motheboard which would always get that error after
    a couple of cycles if it had 3 sticks of ram in it. 2 was fine, and it wasnt the
    ram. Concensus on the forums was that it was bad motherboard design causing some
    ground bounce when driving 6 banks of ram. Try it with less ram and see if the
    sticks are ok one at a time.

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Dec 29, 2003