    Bret Guest

    According to Winz, Misfit doesn't have to declare the cash obtained
    from the sale of the software that he received.
    Bret, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Bret

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Bret" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > According to Winz, Misfit doesn't have to declare the cash obtained
    > from the sale of the software that he received.

    Why should he?

    It's not from a regular income. If he sold his lawn mower he doesn't have
    to tell WINZ about the 50 bucks that he got for that either.
    Trust someone to bring WINZ into the discussion about the MS products
    promotion.
    LOL

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 29, 2003

  3. On 29 Oct 2003 , Bret wrote :

    > According to Winz, Misfit doesn't have to declare the cash obtained
    > from the sale of the software that he received.

    No. According to WINZ, _a beneficiary_ doesn't have to....etc. etc.

    They are prohibited from discussing specific cases with any third party.

    So what you say, whilst possibly true by coincidence, is also misleading
    inasmuch as they would not have discussed his specific case with you.

    --
    Nicolaas.

    - If your kids only come home to eat, then you're a great cook!
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 29, 2003
  4. Bret

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Bret wrote:
    > According to Winz, Misfit doesn't have to declare the cash obtained
    > from the sale of the software that he received.

    Cheers mate.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Oct 29, 2003
  5. Bret

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:40:17 +1300, "E. Scrooge"
    < (remove eye)> wrote:

    >"Bret" <> wrote in message
    >> According to Winz, Misfit doesn't have to declare the cash obtained
    >> from the sale of the software that he received.

    >Why should he?
    >
    >It's not from a regular income. If he sold his lawn mower he doesn't have
    >to tell WINZ about the 50 bucks that he got for that either.
    >Trust someone to bring WINZ into the discussion about the MS products
    >promotion.
    >LOL
    >
    >E. Scrooge

    Read some of the shit being flung around scrooge, I'm not the one who
    bought Winz into it.
    Just for the record, I don't like Winz.
    Bret, Oct 29, 2003
  6. Bret

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Bret" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:40:17 +1300, "E. Scrooge"
    > < (remove eye)> wrote:
    >

    > >"Bret" <> wrote in message
    > >> According to Winz, Misfit doesn't have to declare the cash obtained
    > >> from the sale of the software that he received.

    > >Why should he?
    > >
    > >It's not from a regular income. If he sold his lawn mower he doesn't

    have
    > >to tell WINZ about the 50 bucks that he got for that either.
    > >Trust someone to bring WINZ into the discussion about the MS products
    > >promotion.
    > >LOL
    > >
    > >E. Scrooge
    > >

    > Read some of the shit being flung around scrooge, I'm not the one who
    > bought Winz into it.
    > Just for the record, I don't like Winz.

    You started this thread about it.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 29, 2003
  7. Bret

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:33:43 +1300, "E. Scrooge"
    < (remove eye)> wrote:

    >"Bret" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:40:17 +1300, "E. Scrooge"
    >> < (remove eye)> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Bret" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> >Why should he?
    >> >
    >> >It's not from a regular income. If he sold his lawn mower he doesn't

    >have
    >> >to tell WINZ about the 50 bucks that he got for that either.
    >> >Trust someone to bring WINZ into the discussion about the MS products
    >> >promotion.
    >> >LOL
    >> >
    >> >E. Scrooge
    >> >

    >> Read some of the shit being flung around scrooge, I'm not the one who
    >> bought Winz into it.
    >> Just for the record, I don't like Winz.

    >You started this thread about it.
    >
    >E. Scrooge

    So fucken what pinhead pull your head out of your arse.
    Bret, Oct 29, 2003
  8. Bret

    T.N.O. Guest

    Bret wrote:
    > Read some of the shit being flung around scrooge, I'm not the one who
    > bought Winz into it.

    Actually, it was me who initially bought WINZ into it, and well, I did
    it as a joke(even put something to that effect in the post) but some
    people here are just antagonistic.
    T.N.O., Oct 29, 2003
  9. Bret

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Bret" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:33:43 +1300, "E. Scrooge"
    > < (remove eye)> wrote:
    >

    > >"Bret" <> wrote in message

    > >have

    > >> Read some of the shit being flung around scrooge, I'm not the one who
    > >> bought Winz into it.
    > >> Just for the record, I don't like Winz.

    > >You started this thread about it.
    > >
    > >E. Scrooge
    > >

    > So fucken what pinhead pull your head out of your arse.

    Poor wee sod. There was no point in the "according to WINZ" nonsense.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 29, 2003
  10. Bret

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:14:09 +1300, Bret <> wrote:

    >According to Winz, Misfit doesn't have to declare the cash obtained
    >from the sale of the software that he received.

    But why is he not on ACC...?
    Nick Smith, Oct 29, 2003
  11. Bret

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:42:21 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >Bret wrote:
    >> Read some of the shit being flung around scrooge, I'm not the one who
    >> bought Winz into it.

    >Actually, it was me who initially bought WINZ into it, and well, I did
    >it as a joke(even put something to that effect in the post) but some
    >people here are just antagonistic.

    But why is he not on ACC...??

    That is the real question..?
    Nick Smith, Oct 29, 2003
  12. Bret

    T.N.O. Guest

    Nick Smith wrote:
    > But why is he not on ACC...?

    Depends on the disability... some are covered by ACC, some by WINZ as
    Invalids benefit, some by WINZ as sickness benefit.
    T.N.O., Oct 29, 2003
  13. Bret

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:41:17 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >Nick Smith wrote:
    >> But why is he not on ACC...?

    >Depends on the disability... some are covered by ACC, some by WINZ as
    >Invalids benefit, some by WINZ as sickness benefit.

    He has a back injury that is covered by ACC, and if ACC think you are a fraud
    they kick you off, then you go on a Sickness benefit..

    Also ACC will pay to get you back fixed..
    Nick Smith, Oct 29, 2003
  14. Bret

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:17:50 +0000 (UTC), Nicolaas Hawkins
    <> wrote:

    >On 29 Oct 2003 , Bret wrote :
    >
    >> According to Winz, Misfit doesn't have to declare the cash obtained
    >> from the sale of the software that he received.
    >>

    >No. According to WINZ, _a beneficiary_ doesn't have to....etc. etc.
    >
    >They are prohibited from discussing specific cases with any third party.
    >
    >So what you say, whilst possibly true by coincidence, is also misleading
    >inasmuch as they would not have discussed his specific case with you.

    Sorry Nicolaas, my mistake, I shouldn't have used his name in the
    statement, as I didn't enquire specifically about his case.
    However, the statement still holds true as a general rule regarding
    the invalids benefit(minus the name of course).
    Bret, Oct 29, 2003
  15. On 29 Oct 2003 , Nick Smith wrote :

    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:42:21 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >
    >>Bret wrote:
    >>> Read some of the shit being flung around scrooge, I'm not the one who
    >>> bought Winz into it.

    >>Actually, it was me who initially bought WINZ into it, and well, I did
    >>it as a joke(even put something to that effect in the post) but some
    >>people here are just antagonistic.

    > But why is he not on ACC...??
    >

    > That is the real question..?

    No, the REAL question is why you consider it to be any of your damned
    business.

    --
    Nicolaas.

    - Joystick: Peripheral used by consulting adults.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 29, 2003
  16. On 29 Oct 2003 , Nick Smith wrote :

    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:14:09 +1300, Bret <> wrote:
    >
    >>According to Winz, Misfit doesn't have to declare the cash obtained
    >>from the sale of the software that he received.

    > But why is he not on ACC...?

    What the hell business is it of yours what benefit he's on?

    --
    Nicolaas.

    - ADULT: One who has stopped growing at both ends but not in the middle.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 29, 2003
  17. Bret

    T.N.O. Guest

    Nick Smith wrote:
    > He has a back injury that is covered by ACC, and if ACC think you are a fraud
    > they kick you off, then you go on a Sickness benefit..
    > Also ACC will pay to get you back fixed..

    Yeah, because all back problems are fixable...
    T.N.O., Oct 29, 2003
  18. Bret

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Bret" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:17:50 +0000 (UTC), Nicolaas Hawkins
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >On 29 Oct 2003 , Bret wrote :
    > >
    > >> According to Winz, Misfit doesn't have to declare the cash obtained
    > >> from the sale of the software that he received.
    > >>

    > >No. According to WINZ, _a beneficiary_ doesn't have to....etc. etc.
    > >
    > >They are prohibited from discussing specific cases with any third party.
    > >
    > >So what you say, whilst possibly true by coincidence, is also misleading
    > >inasmuch as they would not have discussed his specific case with you.

    > Sorry Nicolaas, my mistake, I shouldn't have used his name in the
    > statement, as I didn't enquire specifically about his case.
    > However, the statement still holds true as a general rule regarding
    > the invalids benefit(minus the name of course).

    It did look from your post that you had been along to WINZ to find out about
    it.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 29, 2003
  19. Bret

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:09:48 +0000 (UTC), Nicolaas Hawkins <>
    wrote:

    >On 29 Oct 2003 , Nick Smith wrote :

    >>>Actually, it was me who initially bought WINZ into it, and well, I did
    >>>it as a joke(even put something to that effect in the post) but some
    >>>people here are just antagonistic.

    >> But why is he not on ACC...??
    >>

    >> That is the real question..?
    >>

    >No, the REAL question is why you consider it to be any of your damned
    >business.

    Because I think he is conning us..
    Nick Smith, Oct 29, 2003
  20. Bret

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Nick Smith wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:42:21 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >
    >> Bret wrote:
    >>> Read some of the shit being flung around scrooge, I'm not the one
    >>> who bought Winz into it.

    >> Actually, it was me who initially bought WINZ into it, and well, I
    >> did it as a joke(even put something to that effect in the post) but
    >> some people here are just antagonistic.

    > But why is he not on ACC...??
    >

    > That is the real question..?

    Since you asked: I injured myself during the second year of setting up my
    own business. As it was a new business, I hadn't established myself in the
    market much and had run at a (paper) loss. (But it was looking damn good for
    the future) ACC only pay out a precentage of previous earnings. I wasn't
    'earning', I was building up a business, everything I made went back into it
    and I was living off savings.

    ACC told me that I am/was inelligble for any money/compensation as I had no
    earnings in the previous 12 months. Hence I am now on a disability
    allowance.

    The good news is I finally, after years of waiting and several referals from
    orthopaedic surgeons, have an appointment at the Auckland Pain Clinic next
    month. I don't know what, if anything, they can do for me but it seems like
    an achievement, I've been waiting so goddamned long.

    Nosey aren't you?
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Oct 29, 2003