    I am NOT savy with the computer at all and need some help. My lap top was infected by a virus and my computer crashed. When I try to boot, it gives an invalid partition error. I've read that I can try to salvage it with some recovery software, but I don't know where to begin. I don't have any of my original software cds, so I am stuck at square one. Can someone who is tech savy help me?

    Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

    Thanks!
    madlvr79, Nov 11, 2007

  2. madlvr79

    jayesch

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Messages:
    6
    If you see a partition error then you will not be able to boot your computer or get to the system login or desktop screen. All you need now is professional help, because as you said, you do not have much experience with computer. In order to perform data recovery, you will need to take your hard disk out and connect it with other computer. The other computer will have recovery software on it to recover as much data as it can.
    jayesch, Nov 12, 2007

  3. madlvr79

    Murtaza

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    If you are still stuck over there then you can try this Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software a file and partition recovery utility. All you have to do is to attach your hard drive as a slave on different system, scan the drive with the help of the software and it will show you the preview of the recovered data in tree structure format. If you are able to see your data through demo then you save your recovered data by getting the full version.

    This data recover software also provides partition recovery from FAT 16, FAT 32, NTFS & NTFS5 file system. Hope this is going to solve your problem.
    Murtaza, Jan 17, 2008