    get the invalid error message.

    TIA for any help.
    , Mar 7, 2005

  2. Moz Champion Guest

    wrote:
    > I keep getting "Invalid or corrupt jarfile..." when I download and try to
    > open a theme. This happens from more than one site.
    >
    > On sites that offer both "download" and "install" options, I am able to
    > install the theme, but if I download the .jar theme file and try opening it, I
    > get the invalid error message.
    >
    > TIA for any help.

    Are you using a compatible theme for the product?
    Not all themes are compatible with all Mozilla products
    Moz Champion, Mar 8, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 07:25:26 GMT, Moz Champion <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I keep getting "Invalid or corrupt jarfile..." when I download and try to
    >> open a theme. This happens from more than one site.
    >>
    >> On sites that offer both "download" and "install" options, I am able to
    >> install the theme, but if I download the .jar theme file and try opening it, I
    >> get the invalid error message.
    >>
    >> TIA for any help.

    >Are you using a compatible theme for the product?
    >Not all themes are compatible with all Mozilla products

    I just found a workaround. Maybe this is common knowledge, but it's new to me
    <g>

    As I mentioned - double-clicking on a downloaded .jar file to execute it,
    throws up the "Invalid or corrupt jarfile" error. If i open the Themes window
    in Firefox, and _drag_ the downloaded .jar file onto the Themes window, the
    theme installs fine.
    , Mar 8, 2005