    other laptops in the house, just not this one.

    Am not particularly computer tech savvy... what do I do?

    -tony

    =?Utf-8?B?bWpzcm9zcw==?=, Oct 24, 2005

  2. This error message means that you did not recieve an IP Address from your
    DHCP server after establishing a wireless connection. This is usually
    caused by a communication failure between the wireless card and the access
    point. Often that means the security settings do not match between the
    client and the access point.

    Did you recently change any element of your network? Did you load a new
    driver or firmware? Perhaps installed a new wireless card? Maybe you
    changed the security settings on your wireless access point?

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], Oct 27, 2005

  3. You may have also enabled MAC address filtering on your access point or
    router. Check the address for your wireless card (ipconfig /all from a
    command prompt), note the physical address shown, the go into the AP or
    router administrative console and check to make sure the addresses match
    IDENTICALLY.

    Just another place to look for a solution.

    Shaun.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3R5bGVzNjE=?=, Oct 28, 2005