Invalid Block Address Error with Nero = Many Coasters

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Lucky Dog, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. Lucky Dog

    Lucky Dog Guest

    Hi,

    I've been able to somewhat making backup copies of my son's anime
    DVD's with my Khypermedia Combo 8X DVD+RW / 24X CD-RW drive for a
    while. The drive was brand new when I purchased it and I've had it for
    about 2 months. I don't do the backup very often. So far I've made
    about 11 backups.

    Since about 3-4 days ago I've been making nothing but coasters. I use
    DVDShrink along with Nero 6.3.0.3 which came with the drive. Sometimes
    the burn process would to go about 2% and failed with the "Invalid
    Block Address" message. Sometimes it would get up to about 50% then
    failed. I used no name blank DVD disks which worked fine before, but I
    was able to burn at 4X only. I've never been able to burn at 8X, ever.

    I run Windows 2000 with 40 GB HD drive, 2 partitions of 20 GB each. I
    have 128 RAM. Any ideas why this error started recently? Is the drive
    failing or do I need to reinstall the software or what?

    I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

    Thank you!
    Lucky Dog, Apr 5, 2004