    I have picked up a dialler with an .exe extension that has lodged itself in
    my Windows folder. It will not let me delete it saying that it is locked.
    Is there any way I can get rid of it?

    pjd103g, Jul 22, 2003

  2. pjd103g

    Brian H¹© Guest

    pjd103g said:

    > I have picked up a dialler with an .exe extension that has lodged itself in
    > my Windows folder. It will not let me delete it saying that it is locked.
    > Is there any way I can get rid of it?

    Boot to DOS and delete it?

    Brian H¹©, Jul 22, 2003

  3. pjd103g

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:25:45 +0100, "pjd103g" <>
    wrote:
    >I have picked up a dialler with an .exe extension that has lodged itself in
    >my Windows folder. It will not let me delete it saying that it is locked.
    >Is there any way I can get rid of it?

    If you're using Win95, 98, or 98se,
    Start up in the DOS mode. Reboot, hold down the "Control"
    key during startup, select "Command Prompt Only".

    Or, if you're still using fat32, boot to a DOS floppy disk.
    (If you don.t have one, look here: http://www.bootdisk.com/)

    Now, navigate you way to where file is located,
    At the DOS prompt, type: del filename.ext

    Windows XP - Delete an undeletable file:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_undeletable_file.htm

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm
    Read "Delete - Can't Delete Files or Folders"

    Unk

    Unk, Jul 22, 2003
  4. pjd103g

    Kenny Guest

    I had one which kept coming back after deleting. New version of AdAware
    finally got rid of it.
    www.lavasoft.de

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jul 22, 2003
  5. pjd103g

    trout Guest

    trout, Jul 22, 2003
  6. pjd103g

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:15:16 -0700, in
    <bfkd1n$fumim$-berlin.de>
    trout scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> Install Faber Toys to terminate the process (some processes
    >> don't show in CTRL ALT DEL).
    >> http://www.faberbox.com/fabertoys.asp

    ><snip>
    >
    > Ooooooooh.

    I thought I had already pointed you to this little gem, in
    another place.

    --
    "Funny, I don't remember being absentminded."

    °Mike°, Jul 22, 2003
  7. > I have picked up a dialler with an .exe extension that has lodged itself in
    > my Windows folder. It will not let me delete it saying that it is locked.
    > Is there any way I can get rid of it?

    Anti Spyware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://security.kolla.de/