Intro To Python Using Turtle Graphics

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 27, 2009.

  1. Done by Northland Polytechnic, available for download under CC-BY-NC-ND here
    <http://www.archive.org/details/IntroductionToPythonUsingTurtleGraphics>.

    Thanks to Colin Jackson for the link.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 27, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    > Done by Northland Polytechnic, available for download under CC-BY-NC-ND here
    > <http://www.archive.org/details/IntroductionToPythonUsingTurtleGraphics>.
    >

    Urgh. Is that all that python is good for, drawing pretty pictures?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    The Internet is interesting in that although the nicknames may change,
    the same old personalities show through.
    Enkidu, Nov 28, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 14:02:31 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > >
    >> Done by Northland Polytechnic, available for download under CC-BY-NC-ND
    >> here
    >> <http://www.archive.org/details/

    IntroductionToPythonUsingTurtleGraphics>.
    >>

    > Urgh. Is that all that python is good for, drawing pretty pictures?



    [sarcasm]
    Yes, yes it is. When they talk about "batteries included", they mean the
    batteries that run the turtle.
    [end sarcasm]


    Are you trolling or just a little sleep-deprived today?

    The movie is an introduction aimed at 13-16 year old school children.
    It's explicitly labelled as "an introduction using turtle graphics". What
    on earth makes you think that because the introduction uses turtle
    graphics, that's the ONLY thing that Python can do?



    --
    Steven
    Steven D'Aprano, Nov 28, 2009
    #3
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Ben Finney wrote:
    > Enkidu <> writes:
    >
    >> Urgh. Is that all that python is good for, drawing pretty pictures?

    >
    > Yep, that's all <URL:http://python.org/about/success/>. Rackspace,
    > Google, NASA, Philips, Honeywell, AstraZeneca; they're *all*
    > organisations focussed on drawing pretty pictures, and that's all they
    > use Python for.
    >

    Sorry, I did not mean to post to the CLP list. It would be a stupid
    troll to do so on purpose. My apologies. I *AM* a Perl fan but there is
    room for both languages.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    The Internet is interesting in that although the nicknames may change,
    the same old personalities show through.
    Enkidu, Nov 28, 2009
    #4
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Steven D'Aprano wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 14:02:31 +1300, Enkidu wrote:
    >
    > Are you trolling or just a little sleep-deprived today?
    >

    Heh! Maybe a little sleep-deprived, but I didn't realise that the
    original post was cross-posted to comp.lang.python. If I'd purposely
    posted it to CLP it *would* have been a stupid troll. I did it by
    accident, and apologise for doing so.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    The Internet is interesting in that although the nicknames may change,
    the same old personalities show through.
    Enkidu, Nov 28, 2009
    #5
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Ben Finney wrote:
    > Enkidu <> writes:
    >
    >> Heh! Maybe a little sleep-deprived, but I didn't realise that the
    >> original post was cross-posted to comp.lang.python. If I'd purposely
    >> posted it to CLP it *would* have been a stupid troll. I did it by
    >> accident, and apologise for doing so.

    >
    > Oh, so trash-talking in *other* forums where you feel safe from being
    > caught is okay? ;-)
    >

    I take your point, but the other group in question is a 'local' group.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    The Internet is interesting in that although the nicknames may change,
    the same old personalities show through.
    Enkidu, Nov 28, 2009
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. joevan

    Post Turtle

    joevan, Sep 28, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    765
    Aardvark
    Sep 30, 2008
  2. Miguel

    Tortoise & Turtle

    Miguel, Aug 13, 2009, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    284
    Miguel
    Aug 13, 2009
  3. mmyvusenet

    Toad headed turtle

    mmyvusenet, Jun 23, 2010, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    452
    John Turco
    Jun 30, 2010
  4. Tzortzakakis Dimitris

    Turtle photo...

    Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Oct 29, 2010, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    498
    John Turco
    Jan 12, 2011
  5. partyin
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,004
    partyin
    Feb 21, 2012
Loading...

Share This Page