    to have noticed anything unusual.
    Any thoughts?
    R.

    Ragnar, Jan 20, 2012

  2. Ragnar

    GTS-NJ Guest

    "Ragnar" <> wrote in message
    news:YoeSq.977$2...
    > When I go to a newsgroup and click on a new header the message appears as
    > normal, but when I click on the next header I get the identical message.
    > This repeats so I can get a couple of dozen identical posts, all from
    > different users! It only happens on certain sites and no other users
    > appear to have noticed anything unusual.
    > Any thoughts?
    > R.

    Most likely a corrupted dbx file. Delete the newsgroup, compact, and add it
    back.

    GTS-NJ, Jan 21, 2012

  3. Ragnar

    Ragnar Guest

    "GTS-NJ" <> wrote in message news:jfepvg$h23$...
    > "Ragnar" <> wrote in message
    >> When I go to a newsgroup and click on a new header the message appears as
    >> normal, but when I click on the next header I get the identical message.
    >> This repeats so I can get a couple of dozen identical posts, all from
    >> different users! It only happens on certain sites and no other users
    >> appear to have noticed anything unusual.
    >> Any thoughts?
    >> R.
    >>

    > Most likely a corrupted dbx file. Delete the newsgroup, compact, and add
    > it back.

    Thanks for the suggestion which didn't work. However I remembered that I
    have another computer so I tried that and got the same problem. It is
    evidently a problem with either the newsgroup host or my internet provider
    and therefore beyond my control.
    R.

    Ragnar, Jan 25, 2012
  4. Ragnar

    - Bobb - Guest

    So you can WRITE OK ( you ARE posting) but can't read ( you seem to be able
    to read? )

    If it is the newsgroup host .. try another
    I use
    "reader80.eternal-september.org"

    Info here:
    http://www.eternal-september.org/