    with MCSD preparation?

    And any good books for Visual basic.net and MCSD will help.

    Thanks!.. for your reply.
    PiferDiv, Oct 15, 2008

  2. "PiferDiv" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am a beginner in Visual Studio world, have a basic knowledge of Visual
    > Basic. I am considering learning Visual Basic.net and then give MCSD exam.
    > Can someone point me to right steps to achieve my goal. Should i just
    > focus
    > on learning Visual Basic for now and when i am confident with it, proceed
    > with MCSD preparation?
    >
    > And any good books for Visual basic.net and MCSD will help.

    As a "beginner" with Visual Studio, I would guide you away from the
    MCAD/MCSD exams, which focus on VS2003 and .NET Framework v1.1, and guide
    you towards the new MCTS/MCPD certifications based on .NET v2.0/v3.5, and
    Visual Studio 2008.

    There's no point in getting caught up in learning retro-versions of
    development IDEs, or deprecated versions of the .NET Framework.

    Here's the first place you should start:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-536.aspx

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin, Oct 16, 2008