    Tony soprano Guest

    I see it is a 4 disc set.

    DId they put video on both sides of the discs, or only one?
    Tony soprano, Oct 17, 2005

  2. Tony soprano

    TSKO Guest

    Watching it right now....only on 1 side

    TSKO, Oct 17, 2005

  3. Tony soprano

    Tony soprano Guest

    "TSKO" <> wrote in message
    > Watching it right now....only on 1 side

    Cool, Thanks!
    Tony soprano, Oct 17, 2005
  4. Tony soprano

    Guest Guest

    >I see it is a 4 disc set.
    >
    > DId they put video on both sides of the discs, or only one?

    A few years ago, a season of a TV show was put on a double-side, 2-layer
    disc. I believe it took 2 of them. The trend, however is to single-sided,
    2-layer discs. I just copied a complete season of West Wing for a friend of
    mine. It took 2 T-180 tapes to do the job (he doesn't have a DVD player.)
    You can get 12 episodes of a 1 hour show on a single T-180 tape if you're
    careful.

    Norm Strong
    Guest, Oct 18, 2005
  5. Tony soprano

    Tony soprano Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > "Tony soprano" <> wrote in message
    > >I see it is a 4 disc set.
    > >
    > > DId they put video on both sides of the discs, or only one?

    > A few years ago, a season of a TV show was put on a double-side, 2-layer
    > disc. I believe it took 2 of them. The trend, however is to

    single-sided,
    > 2-layer discs. I just copied a complete season of West Wing for a friend

    of
    > mine. It took 2 T-180 tapes to do the job (he doesn't have a DVD player.)
    > You can get 12 episodes of a 1 hour show on a single T-180 tape if you're
    > careful.
    >
    > Norm Strong

    Actually they are still doing it for some series. Both seasons of Las Vegas
    are on both sides of the discs.

    That's why I asked, it does still happen.
    Tony soprano, Oct 18, 2005