    Can anyone who has seen this DVD please post if the transfer is any
    good and done correctly, or if this is another sloppy transfer not
    worth buying?

    Argh, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Argh

    fredman Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 06:51:58 GMT, ies (Argh) wrote:

    >I saw this DVD at a store and considered buying it, but I decided it
    >would be best to read some online DVD reviews first. I was surprised I
    >couldn't find any reviews of this DVD anywhere.
    >
    >Can anyone who has seen this DVD please post if the transfer is any
    >good and done correctly, or if this is another sloppy transfer not
    >worth buying?

    It's been a while since I screened it, but I recall a pretty good
    widescreen transfer, a mono soundtrack. It's a Universal, so I'm
    grateful it was released intact at all. Vintage 80's Landis, a
    surprising turn from David Bowie, cool ending, and B.B. King! - Don't
    miss it! I'm sure it's online for less than $15US. Cheers.
    regards,

    =====================

    =====================

    fredman, Jan 14, 2004

  3. >..And NO PLOT!--Who needed it, anyway??

    >Derek Janssen (no, "Trading Places" is "vintage 80's Landis"...Into,
    >OTOH, is properly classified as an "unholy mess")

    it's not awful, but Ii was expecting something a bit funnier. The cameos are
    great, as always (who can forget Jonathan Demme as an FBI agent near the end?)

    Vlvetmorning98, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Argh

    Argh Guest

    Thanks, fredman, for the first semblance of a review I could find
    anywhere. At least (hoping your memory is correct) it's not a bad
    transfer. The fact is I have some credit I need to use up soon, and I
    was scraping the bottom of the barrel for DVDs to buy. While it's not
    really a good movie, Michelle Pfeiffer and Jeff Goldblum help make it
    tolerable.

    Argh, Jan 14, 2004

    Derek Janssen, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Argh

    fredman Guest

    wrote:

    >fredman wrote:
    >>
    >> It's been a while since I screened it, but I recall a pretty good
    >> widescreen transfer, a mono soundtrack. It's a Universal, so I'm
    >> grateful it was released intact at all. Vintage 80's Landis, a
    >> surprising turn from David Bowie, cool ending, and B.B. King!

    >...And NO PLOT!--Who needed it, anyway??
    >
    >Derek Janssen (no, "Trading Places" is "vintage 80's Landis"...Into,
    >OTOH, is properly classified as an "unholy mess")

    Ha! Ha! Well, I've always enjoyed it as a perfect late-nite B-movie,
    but don't take my word for it, avoid it! :) Cheers.
    regards,

    fredman, Jan 15, 2004