    Anyone else having intl data issues atm ?
    Im on IHUG, a friend on Xnet and others all having issues connecting to
    servers o/seas........
    XPD, Jul 7, 2007

  2. XPD

    El Chippy Guest

    On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 22:21:27 +1200, XPD wrote:

    > Anyone else having intl data issues atm ? Im on IHUG, a friend on Xnet
    > and others all having issues connecting to servers o/seas........

    Yeah, not just you, on xnet and trying to play on a US server.. ping is
    spending most of its time 1sec+

    Speedtest.net is telling me i'm getting 150kbit/s downloads from their LA
    test server.
    El Chippy, Jul 7, 2007

  3. XPD

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone else having intl data issues atm ?
    > Im on IHUG, a friend on Xnet and others all having issues connecting to
    > servers o/seas........

    yep

    Live Earth effect perhaps..
    Craig Sutton, Jul 7, 2007
  4. XPD

    Shane Guest

    XPD wrote:

    > Anyone else having intl data issues atm ?
    > Im on IHUG, a friend on Xnet and others all having issues connecting to
    > servers o/seas........

    Im having reverse ... issues... I used up all my peak cap about a week ago,
    umm you can guess the rest.
    --
    "The number you have dialed is imaginary. Please, rotate your phone by 90
    degrees and try again..."
    Shane, Jul 7, 2007
  5. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone else having intl data issues atm ?
    > Im on IHUG, a friend on Xnet and others all having issues connecting to
    > servers o/seas........

    Appears everything is fine again now, except WoW - 800+ms pings (upto
    10000ms Ive heard so far), cant access site.... its only NZ being affected.
    IHUG, Woosh, Xtra, Xnet........ wtf is going on..........
    XPD, Jul 8, 2007
  6. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message

    > "XPD" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone else having intl data issues atm ?
    >> Im on IHUG, a friend on Xnet and others all having issues connecting to
    >> servers o/seas........
    >>

    > Appears everything is fine again now, except WoW - 800+ms pings (upto
    > 10000ms Ive heard so far), cant access site.... its only NZ being
    > affected.
    > IHUG, Woosh, Xtra, Xnet........ wtf is going on..........

    And found this on the WoW forums when they finally loaded...........

    =====================================
    ... Check your traceroutes, you'll probably find AsiaNetCom in the
    traceroute. If you're ISP uses AsiaNetCom for its international traffic,
    odds are that the problems you are experiencing are caused there, and
    hassling Blizz or your ISP cant really help.

    I checked a whole pile of posts, and almost to a person every single
    complainant had AsiaNetcom in their traceroutes.

    I've had the same problem - on Xnet ISP in Christchurch, NZ, and they used
    to used Sprint and UUnet for their international routing, no problems
    whatsoever - then they switched to Asianetcom for routing, because the
    bandwidth/price ratios were supposedly superior, and ever since then WoW and
    most international traffic has been completely borked.

    So yeh, if you're getting stupidly high lag/ping atm, do a traceroute to the
    WoW servers, and if you have "xxx.xxx.asianetcom.net" in there somewhere,
    then sorry but you're fresh out of luck - time to go read a book or
    something :( And i dont see a reliable remedy any time soon unless you can
    convince your ISP to use an international router service that isnt an
    unrealible, laggy bag of trash.
    ======================================
    XPD, Jul 8, 2007
  7. XPD

    Shane Guest

    XPD wrote:

    > "XPD" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "XPD" <> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone else having intl data issues atm ?
    >>> Im on IHUG, a friend on Xnet and others all having issues connecting to
    >>> servers o/seas........
    >>>

    >> Appears everything is fine again now, except WoW - 800+ms pings (upto
    >> 10000ms Ive heard so far), cant access site.... its only NZ being
    >> affected.
    >> IHUG, Woosh, Xtra, Xnet........ wtf is going on..........
    >>

    > And found this on the WoW forums when they finally loaded...........
    >
    > =====================================
    > .. Check your traceroutes, you'll probably find AsiaNetCom in the
    > traceroute. If you're ISP uses AsiaNetCom for its international traffic,
    > odds are that the problems you are experiencing are caused there, and
    > hassling Blizz or your ISP cant really help.
    >
    > I checked a whole pile of posts, and almost to a person every single
    > complainant had AsiaNetcom in their traceroutes.
    >
    > I've had the same problem - on Xnet ISP in Christchurch, NZ, and they used
    > to used Sprint and UUnet for their international routing, no problems
    > whatsoever - then they switched to Asianetcom for routing, because the
    > bandwidth/price ratios were supposedly superior, and ever since then WoW
    > and most international traffic has been completely borked.
    >
    > So yeh, if you're getting stupidly high lag/ping atm, do a traceroute to
    > the WoW servers, and if you have "xxx.xxx.asianetcom.net" in there
    > somewhere, then sorry but you're fresh out of luck - time to go read a
    > book or something :( And i dont see a reliable remedy any time soon unless
    > you can convince your ISP to use an international router service that isnt
    > an unrealible, laggy bag of trash.
    > ======================================

    A week later...
    http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz...? group:nz.comp&rnum=2&hl=en#1b75d7499c3a206b

    And
    http://www.internettrafficreport.com/
    --
    Q: Who knows everything there is to be known about vector analysis?
    A: The Oracle of del phi!
    Shane, Jul 8, 2007
  8. XPD

    El Chippy Guest

    Just spoke to the Xnet helpdesk and they admit there is a problem,
    apparently its one of the routers just after asianet hands it traffic to
    to AT&T (who host battle.net) which is experiencing huge packet loss.
    Xnet (and presumably everybody else) have contacted AT&T to try to get it
    sorted.

    They are hoping AT&T will fix this today.

    Only sites on that part of AT&Ts network will be affected by the sounds
    of it.
    El Chippy, Jul 8, 2007
  9. XPD

    El Chippy Guest

    Re: intl slow - maybe fixed?

    On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:25:02 +1200, El Chippy wrote:

    Playing D2 on battle.net now seems okay in spite of pathping still
    reporting 90%+ packet loss on that route. My pings are consistantly
    <500ms so it is playable.On Xnet.
    El Chippy, Jul 8, 2007
  10. XPD

    Old Wolf Guest

    On Jul 7, 10:21 pm, "XPD" <> wrote:
    > Anyone else having intl data issues atm ?
    > Im on IHUG, a friend on Xnet and others all having issues connecting to
    > servers o/seas........

    I was having a problem with high latency on a
    connection to the US last week, I emailed my
    ISP a traceroute showing the latency was
    introduced by "asianetcom", and they changed
    the route to go via global-gateway. Problem solved :)

    (glad I'm not with xtra, I can't imagine how many
    days it would have taken to try and get through
    to a real technical support person).
    Old Wolf, Jul 9, 2007