    Im on dialup, hanging off iconz at present, but a few other
    providers(orcon, synaptic) seem to have the same, so just thought I'd
    check here.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 26, 2005

  2. On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:48:23 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > anyone else having problems with internatiional traffic being slow as
    > treakle on a cold dunedin day?
    >
    > anything nz based seems fine, but outside of our liitle country seems
    > rather slow.
    >
    > Im on dialup, hanging off iconz at present, but a few other
    > providers(orcon, synaptic) seem to have the same, so just thought I'd
    > check here.

    Im on Telecoms adsl and I've just pulled some intl traffic in @full speed
    (even though I had been capped 2 days ago and my billing cycle doesnt
    restart for another week)
    er by full speed I mean 32 KB/s

    Shane (aka froggy), Mar 26, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > anyone else having problems with internatiional traffic being slow as
    > treakle on a cold dunedin day?

    > Im on dialup, hanging off iconz at present, but a few other
    > providers(orcon, synaptic) seem to have the same, so just thought I'd
    > check here.

    never mind, looks like it was a glitch in the matrix... all back to
    normal now.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 26, 2005
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    E. Scrooge Guest

    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> anyone else having problems with internatiional traffic being slow as
    >> treakle on a cold dunedin day?

    >> Im on dialup, hanging off iconz at present, but a few other
    >> providers(orcon, synaptic) seem to have the same, so just thought I'd
    >> check here.

    > never mind, looks like it was a glitch in the matrix... all back to normal
    > now.

    Hell you wouldn't want too many of those, not when they drag on for as long
    as 10 minutes.
    ;-)

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Mar 26, 2005
  5. E. Scrooge wrote:
    >>never mind, looks like it was a glitch in the matrix... all back to normal
    >>now.

    > Hell you wouldn't want too many of those, not when they drag on for as long
    > as 10 minutes.
    > ;-)

    when Im online I like it to just work... if it doesnt, something must be
    broken.

    besides the testing took me ~10 mins, so it was ~20 mins before it worked :/

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 27, 2005