    Waiting on tech support for 4 days :(

    Thanks
    george

    George, Apr 21, 2005

  2. George

    Biz Guest

    ac3 audio plug-in....

    Biz, Apr 21, 2005

  3. George

    George Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > ac3 audio plug-in....
    >
    > "George" <> wrote in message
    > > WinDVD 5 has a profile for DVD Video with AC3 audio in it's Programs
    > > directory but it doesn't show in the setup 'Profile Manager'.
    > > Anybody know what I need to do/buy to enable it???
    > >
    > > Waiting on tech support for 4 days :(
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > george

    Thanks, still waiting on tech support.

    Did a search on Google and all I seem to find are 'decoders', any idea or
    link to
    a 'encoder'???

    Thanks again
    george

    George, Apr 25, 2005
  4. George

    yesitsme Guest

    George wrote:

    >"Biz" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>ac3 audio plug-in....
    >>
    >>"George" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>WinDVD 5 has a profile for DVD Video with AC3 audio in it's Programs
    >>>directory but it doesn't show in the setup 'Profile Manager'.
    >>>Anybody know what I need to do/buy to enable it???
    >>>
    >>>Waiting on tech support for 4 days :(
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>george
    >>>

    >Thanks, still waiting on tech support.
    >
    >Did a search on Google and all I seem to find are 'decoders', any idea or
    >link to
    >a 'encoder'???
    >
    >Thanks again
    >george

    Don't know, what's the orignal problem ? I use Win DVD 4 but not 5..

    jason

    --
    ((¯`'·.¸(¯`'·.((¯`'·.¸ * jason bean* ¸.·'´¯))¸.·'´¯)¸.·'´¯))

    For me , said Sherlock Holmes, "there still remains the cocaine bottle,"
    and he reached his hand up for it.

    http://home.cogeco.ca/~jabean
    http://musicpage.kicks-ass.org/

    yesitsme, Apr 25, 2005
  5. George

    George Guest

    "yesitsme" <> wrote in message
    > George wrote:
    >
    > >"Biz" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > >>ac3 audio plug-in....
    > >>
    > >>"George" <> wrote in message

    > >Thanks, still waiting on tech support.
    > >
    > >Did a search on Google and all I seem to find are 'decoders', any idea or
    > >link to
    > >a 'encoder'???
    > >
    > >Thanks again
    > >george
    > >

    > Don't know, what's the orignal problem ? I use Win DVD 4 but not 5..
    >
    > jason
    >
    > --
    > ((¯`'·.¸(¯`'·.((¯`'·.¸ * jason bean* ¸.·'´¯))¸.·'´¯)¸.·'´¯))
    >
    > For me , said Sherlock Holmes, "there still remains the cocaine bottle,"
    > and he reached his hand up for it.
    >
    > http://home.cogeco.ca/~jabean
    > http://musicpage.kicks-ass.org/

    Had a trial version of WinDVD 4 and it has the profiles for AC3, but version
    4
    won't work with a Hauppuage WinTV-PVR-250 card ?????

    George

    George, Apr 26, 2005
  6. George

    Billy Joe Guest

    In ref: 1114475064.fe096b6a1d4201dd6604498eaaf28e77@teranews

    George <> wrote:

    <snip>

    > Had a trial version of WinDVD 4 and it has the profiles for
    > AC3, but version 4
    > won't work with a Hauppuage WinTV-PVR-250 card ?????
    >
    > George

    Only a few soft vendors have Hauppauge interfaces, it's not of
    the firewire variety!!

    I use the H250 & USB2 for captures and just yesterday
    discovered, thanks to someone in one of the video NGs, DivxToDVD
    at this site: http://www.vso-software.fr/

    Don't be misled by the product name, it handles wintv2k's 12
    mbps captures, and all the other rates too, just as smooth as
    can be! It's way faster than anything else I've seen so far and
    the output is very close, or equal, in quality to the input.
    Couple it with DVD Shrink to handle DVD fitting, and DVD
    Decrypter to burn and you have a TOTALLY free of charge solution
    to TV MPEG2 capture, edit (DVDS) and burn.

    The program converts the MP2 audio of wintv2k to ac3, 2 channel
    192k.

    BJ

    Billy Joe, Apr 26, 2005
  7. George

    George Guest

    "Billy Joe" <> wrote in message
    > In ref: 1114475064.fe096b6a1d4201dd6604498eaaf28e77@teranews
    >
    > George <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    > >
    > > Had a trial version of WinDVD 4 and it has the profiles for
    > > AC3, but version 4
    > > won't work with a Hauppuage WinTV-PVR-250 card ?????
    > >
    > > George

    > Only a few soft vendors have Hauppauge interfaces, it's not of
    > the firewire variety!!
    >
    > I use the H250 & USB2 for captures and just yesterday
    > discovered, thanks to someone in one of the video NGs, DivxToDVD
    > at this site: http://www.vso-software.fr/
    >
    > Don't be misled by the product name, it handles wintv2k's 12
    > mbps captures, and all the other rates too, just as smooth as
    > can be! It's way faster than anything else I've seen so far and
    > the output is very close, or equal, in quality to the input.
    > Couple it with DVD Shrink to handle DVD fitting, and DVD
    > Decrypter to burn and you have a TOTALLY free of charge solution
    > to TV MPEG2 capture, edit (DVDS) and burn.
    >
    > The program converts the MP2 audio of wintv2k to ac3, 2 channel
    > 192k.
    >
    > BJ

    I have DivxToDVD, but it takes time to convert...
    Capturing in AC3 audio and using Cucusoft's http://www.avi-vcd.com/
    free 'MPEG to VOB Converter 1.06' it only takes about 5 minutes and
    28 seconds to convert a 5,436,088.320 file over to vob files.
    Then use DVD Shrink to fit to dvd size.

    Using the H250 card with WinDVD 4 and selecting setup/source in WinDVD
    only has a blank place for the H250 card inputs...

    George

    George, Apr 26, 2005
  8. George

    Billy Joe Guest

    In ref: 1114479531.1ddd9e195d8b626001e92a7ed839ae3d@teranews

    George <> wrote:

    >>> Had a trial version of WinDVD 4 and it has the profiles for
    >>> AC3, but version 4
    >>> won't work with a Hauppuage WinTV-PVR-250 card ?????

    Yes, I'm easily confused!

    This implies that the H250 does not do what you want, right?

    > I have DivxToDVD, but it takes time to convert...

    > Capturing in AC3 audio

    with what device (H250?) and what program?

    > and using Cucusoft's
    > http://www.avi-vcd.com/ free 'MPEG to VOB Converter 1.06' it
    > only takes about 5 minutes and 28 seconds to convert a
    > 5,436,088.320 file over to vob files.
    > Then use DVD Shrink to fit to dvd size.

    Whatever did this AC3 capture for you would be the way to go no?
    Apparently not with the H250!!

    > Using the H250 card with WinDVD 4 and selecting setup/source
    > in WinDVD only has a blank place for the H250 card inputs...

    So, basically - with H250 you can't get there this way? It
    works with very few software. It does not capture with AC3. It
    is MPEG2, DVD compliant in three of its settings. Thus to
    convert an H250 capture to DVD/MP2 compliant is basically a copy
    function, but to convert its MP2 to AC3 requires recoding.

    Maybe you could restate the issue here??

    DVD/AC3 from MPEG2/MP2 requires recoding of something, no?
    Capture in MPEG2/AC3 requires a card other than H250, no?

    And why care about AC3 when it was not available at capture
    time? Except that 192 vs. 384 makes a diff! Otherwise, they
    are both just stereo.

    BJ

    Billy Joe, Apr 26, 2005
  9. George

    George Guest

    "Billy Joe" <> wrote in message

    > Yes, I'm easily confused!
    >
    > This implies that the H250 does not do what you want, right?
    >
    > > I have DivxToDVD, but it takes time to convert...

    > > Capturing in AC3 audio

    > with what device (H250?) and what program?
    >
    > > and using Cucusoft's
    > > http://www.avi-vcd.com/ free 'MPEG to VOB Converter 1.06' it
    > > only takes about 5 minutes and 28 seconds to convert a
    > > 5,436,088.320 file over to vob files.
    > > Then use DVD Shrink to fit to dvd size.
    > >

    > Whatever did this AC3 capture for you would be the way to go no?
    > Apparently not with the H250!!
    >
    > > Using the H250 card with WinDVD 4 and selecting setup/source
    > > in WinDVD only has a blank place for the H250 card inputs...

    > So, basically - with H250 you can't get there this way? It
    > works with very few software. It does not capture with AC3. It
    > is MPEG2, DVD compliant in three of its settings. Thus to
    > convert an H250 capture to DVD/MP2 compliant is basically a copy
    > function, but to convert its MP2 to AC3 requires recoding.
    >
    > Maybe you could restate the issue here??
    >
    > DVD/AC3 from MPEG2/MP2 requires recoding of something, no?
    > Capture in MPEG2/AC3 requires a card other than H250, no?
    >
    > And why care about AC3 when it was not available at capture
    > time? Except that 192 vs. 384 makes a diff! Otherwise, they
    > are both just stereo.
    >
    > BJ

    At the moment I'm using a Hauppuage WinTV-GO card with 3 days left on the
    trial
    version of Intervideo WinDVD Recorder 4.

    The version 4 has setting for AC3 audio capture:
    [DVD]
    Format: MPEG-2 DVD

    Audio:
    Format: AC3
    Sampling Rate: 48.0 kHz 16-bit Stereo
    Bit Rate: 384 KBits/sec

    Video:
    Size: 720x480
    Frame Rate: 29.97 frames/sec
    Bit Rate: 7200 KBits/sec

    Using this I don't have to recode anything to get the vob files, just DVD
    Shrink to resize.

    Using the same WinTV-GO or the H250 card and WinDVD Recorder 5, WinDVD 5
    only
    has settings for mpg?? something audio capture, which require recoding (
    DivxToDVD) to
    get the vob files which takes time......

    WinDVD Recorder 5 has profiles in it's
    '\Program_files\intervideo\windvd5\profile' directory
    for AC3 audio capture but they are not shown in the Profile Manager window.
    It also has codecs for AC3 in it's program_files directory.

    I guess its not the cards, WinDVD 4 doesn't see the H250 and WinDVD 5 does't
    do AC3 capture.

    The WinTV-GO card uses about 80% of my CPU time so I cannot do anything else
    while I capture.
    With the H250 card I can capture, have 2 sessions of DVD Shrink running and
    burn a DVD at the same time.

    What I want is to get WinDVD 5 to capture AC3 audio, that way I don't have
    to recode anything,
    only resize, and have a movie ready to burn in about 20 minutes, all while
    doing other things :)

    george

    George, Apr 26, 2005
  10. George

    Sid Guest

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:15:58 -0500, "George" <>
    wrote:

    <snip>

    >At the moment I'm using a Hauppuage WinTV-GO card with 3 days left on the
    >trial
    >version of Intervideo WinDVD Recorder 4.
    >
    >The version 4 has setting for AC3 audio capture:
    >[DVD]
    >Format: MPEG-2 DVD
    >
    >Audio:
    >Format: AC3
    >Sampling Rate: 48.0 kHz 16-bit Stereo
    >Bit Rate: 384 KBits/sec
    >
    >Video:
    >Size: 720x480
    >Frame Rate: 29.97 frames/sec
    >Bit Rate: 7200 KBits/sec
    >
    >Using this I don't have to recode anything to get the vob files, just DVD
    >Shrink to resize.
    >

    >Using the same WinTV-GO or the H250 card and WinDVD Recorder 5, WinDVD 5
    >only
    >has settings for mpg?? something audio capture, which require recoding (
    >DivxToDVD) to
    >get the vob files which takes time......
    >
    >WinDVD Recorder 5 has profiles in it's
    >'\Program_files\intervideo\windvd5\profile' directory
    >for AC3 audio capture but they are not shown in the Profile Manager window.
    >It also has codecs for AC3 in it's program_files directory.
    >
    >I guess its not the cards, WinDVD 4 doesn't see the H250 and WinDVD 5 does't
    >do AC3 capture.
    >
    >The WinTV-GO card uses about 80% of my CPU time so I cannot do anything else
    >while I capture.
    >With the H250 card I can capture, have 2 sessions of DVD Shrink running and
    >burn a DVD at the same time.
    >
    >What I want is to get WinDVD 5 to capture AC3 audio, that way I don't have
    >to recode anything,
    >only resize, and have a movie ready to burn in about 20 minutes, all while
    >doing other things :)
    >
    >george

    George

    My experiences with the Intervideo WinDVD Recorder trial were also
    less than ideal. I could not select a PAL capture resolution profile
    even though there were PAL profiles packaged in that folder (renaming
    & editing also didn't work). I don't think it has anything to do with
    your hardware, but is a software bug! I switched to their other
    product: WinDVD Creator, and hey presto I can use all the profiles.
    The only problem is Creator doesn't allow you to edit the profiles
    (you can have some success editing with Notepad). Creator is a little
    slower to start than Recorder, but does the job quite well. It also
    supports AC3 recording (if that's important to you). Of course you
    needn't use it for doing the disc authoring (bit too basic). I just
    used it for capturing, and used DVDlabPro for DVD authoring.

    I've since switched to Cyberlink's PowerVCR II. Although an older
    product, it's much faster to start, allows complete easy profile
    customization, and results in a much smoother MPEG2 capture image. I
    spent ages comparing Creator's quality output with PowerVCR, and
    PowerVCR had the most realistic (non grainy) and smooth image (esp.
    flesh tones). It was very close though. I don't think PowerVCR
    supports AC3 capture, but MPEG2 audio is fine for a stereo recording
    and is more compatible with authoring/playback software.

    Incidentally, I use DVDlabPro to author my DVD's, and it does support
    AC3 sound. http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/ (payware with trial)

    MPEG Video Wizard does a great job at editing MPEG2 files directly,
    plus many FX incl titling. www.womble.com (payware with trial)

    If you need to shrink the final DVD output, CloneDVD2 does an
    excellent job at transcoding. www.elby.ch (payware with trial)

    BTW, all my captures are done on the cheap, using the built in WDM
    NVidia VIVO capture.

    Sid, Apr 26, 2005