    got bounced.

    Thanks
    Gav

    Gav, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Gav

    sal Guest

    Contact the domain name commisioners office at www.dnc.org.nz

    sal, Nov 28, 2003

  3. Gav

    Brendon Guest

    Not sure either, but they are up and running again now. This is second time
    in 2 days they have been down. This brings the total for me and 5 of my
    sites to more than 5 times this year. I am about to switch my hosting
    company unless they have a good reason this time!!!!

    Their response from yesterday....
    "It appears that a DNS / firewall issue caused an outage this morning.
    This has been recitified; apologies for any inconvenience."

    One unhappy customer here, I can assure you.
    Brendon

    Brendon, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Gav

    sal Guest

    Outages do happen from time to time, its a fact of life with hosting.
    Do they not have a network status page? I find the worst thing is when
    you can't go anywhere to find the current server status.

    sal, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Gav

    Enkidu Guest

    On 28 Nov 2003 13:00:47 -0800, (Gav) wrote:

    >Does anyone know what's happened to the domain name company
    >Interspeed? I can't bring up their web site and my email to them just
    >got bounced.

    http://www.interspeed.co.nz works for me.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.

    Enkidu, Nov 29, 2003
  6. They can't be reached on the phone after office hours, and they never update
    the system status page when outages like this happen, and they never think
    to email their customers with an explanation or an apology. What do they
    think we are paying them for? Maybe they think we all run hobby sites and
    just don't care?

    This has happened to me a lot more than five times this year.

    On the other hand, the sites I have hosted with US based $5 a month services
    are always up.

    Very unhappy, also.

    Robert Pollock, Nov 29, 2003
  7. Gav

    sal Guest

    Well their website is in an appalling state (broken links and images),
    so it could be a sign that all is not well.

    sal, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Gav

    Brendon Guest

    Site is back up now, Yes, so it is now reachable.
    However, broken links are there, as they are supposedly in the process of an
    upgrade to new servers, site etc. This is supposed to incorporate a new
    'reseller' area, but this has been in progress for some time now, and was
    due originally to be completed in August, which is the 'only' reason I have
    persisted with them.

    I would be interested Robert, if you could share who you deal with in the
    States as an option of transferring my sites to.

    Regards,
    Brendon

    Brendon, Nov 29, 2003
  9. I am using http://www.your-site.com/ and http://www.lunarpages.com/

    You pay US$5.00 a month and US$7.95 a month respectively for hosting. I've
    never had any problems with either of them. Lunarpages gives you 20 gigs of
    transfer, so it would be the best choice if you have a high traffic site.

    Cheers

    Robert

    Robert Pollock, Nov 29, 2003