    Netstat said 204-2-177-35 deploy akami.....
    Could some trojan be hiding?
    I've cleaned the computer an can find nothing
    charlie, Mar 23, 2006

  2. charlie

    donnie Guest

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:05:50 -0600, charlie <@concordia.net> wrote:

    >Netstat said 204-2-177-35 deploy akami.....
    >Could some trojan be hiding?
    >I've cleaned the computer an can find nothing

    ###################################
    What port was it connected to under the foreign address column?
    donnie, Mar 23, 2006

  3. charlie

    charlie Guest

    donnie wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:05:50 -0600, charlie <@concordia.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Netstat said 204-2-177-35 deploy akami.....
    >>Could some trojan be hiding?
    >>I've cleaned the computer an can find nothing

    > ###################################
    > What port was it connected to under the foreign address column?

    I didn't take enough time to record before closing down in a hurry.
    it was four digits I think though.
    charlie, Mar 23, 2006
  4. charlie

    Guest

    Some of your data might be tracked but that's no trojan. You must have
    visited an e-business site that uses some B2B Akamai services. For a
    better understanding you can have a look at their web site:
    http://www.akamai.com
    , Mar 23, 2006
  5. charlie

    Don Kelloway Guest

    "charlie" <@concordia.net> wrote in message
    > donnie wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:05:50 -0600, charlie <@concordia.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Netstat said 204-2-177-35 deploy akami.....
    >>>Could some trojan be hiding?
    >>>I've cleaned the computer an can find nothing

    >> ###################################
    >> What port was it connected to under the foreign address column?
    >>

    > I didn't take enough time to record before closing down in a hurry.
    > it was four digits I think though.

    I suspect you may have run the netstat command from the Start | Run option
    as opposed to running it from within a DOS Window. Try running it again
    from a DOS Window. This way the results will not open/close in such a rapid
    fashion.

    --
    Best regards, from Don Kelloway of Commodon Communications
    Visit http://www.commodon.com to learn about the "Threats to Your Security
    Don Kelloway, Mar 23, 2006
  6. charlie

    donnie Guest

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:41:31 -0600, charlie <@concordia.net> wrote:

    >donnie wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:05:50 -0600, charlie <@concordia.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Netstat said 204-2-177-35 deploy akami.....
    >>>Could some trojan be hiding?
    >>>I've cleaned the computer an can find nothing

    >> ###################################
    >> What port was it connected to under the foreign address column?
    >>

    >I didn't take enough time to record before closing down in a hurry.
    >it was four digits I think though.

    #####################################
    When reading the netstat -an output, it's importrant to note the port
    # in the foreign address column as well as the IP of course.. That
    port is the destination port. The port in the local address column
    (your machine) is a random port. That goes for windows and unix.
    That's called the source port. The destination port denotes a service
    and that tells you what you need to know to determine if it's legit or
    not.
    donnie, Mar 24, 2006
  7. David H. Lipman, Mar 24, 2006
  8. charlie

    Half_Light Guest

    On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 02:53:43 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

    >Insufficient information.
    >
    >Off hand I would say NO. Akamai is often used by reputable companies for load-balancing.

    I couldn't download video drivers from ATI and it was because HPhosts
    HOSTS file had blocked akamai.net. HPhosts eventually removed
    akamai.net when it was pointed out that akamia.net is used by many
    companies to provide better bandwidth for download servers. I've read
    that they have also been used as an ad server too though so that was
    why it was initially blocked.
    Half_Light, Mar 27, 2006
  9. From: "Half_Light" <>

    | I couldn't download video drivers from ATI and it was because HPhosts
    | HOSTS file had blocked akamai.net. HPhosts eventually removed
    | akamai.net when it was pointed out that akamia.net is used by many
    | companies to provide better bandwidth for download servers. I've read
    | that they have also been used as an ad server too though so that was
    | why it was initially blocked.

    Akamai recently bought speedera.net and McAfee and other AV companies use their services for
    AV signature file distribution such as; ftp://ftp.nai.speedera.net

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
    David H. Lipman, Mar 28, 2006