    cox news Guest

    whenever i interpolate a picture to make it bigger, when saved it goes back
    to it's normal size. what could i be doing wrong.

    cox news, Jan 15, 2006

  2. cox news <> wrote:
    : whenever i interpolate a picture to make it bigger, when saved it goes
    : back to it's normal size. what could i be doing wrong.

    By size are you saying that the file size is the same or that the image on
    the screen is the same size? Many photo editing programs automatically
    open a file at a size that will fit on the screen. There should be some
    kind of indicator of the current zoom factor (such as 16%) but the image
    remains the same size on the screen. But by changing the zoom factor (in
    Photo Shop Elements this is done by changing the percentage number in the
    box on the lower left hand corner) you can zoom into the image on the
    screen. A 100% image will normally be much larger than your computer
    screen. In fact I frequently do fine editing at 300% so that any slight
    inconsistancys in hand steadiness goes away.

    On the other hand if the problem is the saved file size, if you are saving
    the file in a compressed format (such as JPG) the added pixels that are
    created to increase image dimensions may be compressed with few
    additional data bits and so the file size may only change slightly. But
    if you view the dimensions of the saved file (in pixels) the dimensions
    should be doubled from what they were before.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Jan 15, 2006

  3. cox news

    Jim Townsend Guest

    cox news wrote:

    > whenever i interpolate a picture to make it bigger, when saved it goes back
    > to it's normal size. what could i be doing wrong.

    How about a brief rundown on what image editing software you use and
    what steps you take to interpolate your images ?

    Jim Townsend, Jan 15, 2006
  4. On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:38:13 -0700, cox news wrote:
    > whenever i interpolate a picture to make it bigger, when saved it goes back
    > to it's normal size. what could i be doing wrong.

    As soon as our crack mind-reading team returns from break,
    we'll get back to you.

    Allodoxaphobia, Jan 15, 2006
  5. cox news

    Den Guest

    Jim Townsend a écrit :
    > cox news wrote:
    >

    >>whenever i interpolate a picture to make it bigger, when saved it goes back
    >>to it's normal size. what could i be doing wrong.

    I suppose you use a JPEG format. Final size depends greatly on picture
    content. When you interpolate, picture content doesn't change (you don't
    create information), so do the file size.

    Hope this helps,
    Den

    Den, Jan 17, 2006