    planning to use mpls on the new site. My question is it is possible to
    internetwork the mpls on the new site with our FR network. The mpls carrier
    is different from our frame-Relay carrier. Thanks..

    mimiseh, Jan 24, 2007

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Jan 24, 2007

  3. mimiseh

    stephen Guest

    "mimiseh" <> wrote in message
    news:45b79125$0$503$...
    > Hi,
    > we are using FR on a hub and spoke topology. We are adding a new site

    and
    > planning to use mpls on the new site. My question is it is possible to
    > internetwork the mpls on the new site with our FR network.

    Some carriers support interworking between the 2.

    The mpls carrier
    > is different from our frame-Relay carrier. Thanks..

    <vague answer to Q without any specifics>

    if the 2 carriers have an interconnect, and if they support the right sets
    of interconnections (both of which dont seem to be all that common).

    The worst case is you run the 2 separate networks into 1 of your sites -
    although at least then the 2 carriers cannot blame each other for a fault :)

    FWIW it is usually a real good idea to sort this out before you choose the
    new carrier.

    the interconnect or 2nd line at 1 of your sites may well throw away any
    advantages to the new site link.

    --
    Regards

    - replace xyz with ntl