InternetNZ/UniForum NZ - Wellington Regional Meeting

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by postmaster@hugpar.gen.nz, Oct 26, 2003.

  1. Guest

    UniForum NZ Wellington Regional Meeting
    InternetNZ Members Meeting

    When: Tuesday, 28 October 2003, 5:30pm for 6 pm

    Where: InternetNZ Meeting Room
    Level 4, Hibernian House
    89 Willis St (Entrance off Bond St)

    Who: Bill Parkin, Vice-President UniForum NZ, Councillor InternetNZ

    What: Discussion of Goals, and Funding.

    The two societies have much in common. Their difference is crucial.
    InternetNZ has to determine what it should do with a money supply
    which is limited principally by the ability to justify its use.
    UniForum NZ is acutely short of money.
    Both have limited supply of interested members.
    What should each of them do? Arguments with a sufficient case may
    be adopted for use with either society. Both groups are at a crucial
    planning stage.

    I can describe where we are up to - I need your input.

    Your thoughts can shape the future.

    All welcome.

    We hold regular monthly meetings on the last Tuesday of each month, so
    mark your diary now.
    Next Month's Meeting: Tuesday, 25 November 2003, 5:30pm
    Final meeting for year.

    Suggestions for meeting topics are always welcome.

    For further information, contact Lesley Hughes
    , Oct 26, 2003

  2. Lennier Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:29:57 +0000, postmaster wrote:

    > UniForum NZ Wellington Regional Meeting InternetNZ Members Meeting

    What is Uniforum? What is InternetNZ?

    "Limited supply of interested members" would indicate that they both are
    desperately short of any kind of membership.

    Why?

    What are the purposes for those organisations?

    Why have people decided not to join those organisations?

    Lennier
    Lennier, Oct 26, 2003

  3. sal Guest

    On 26 Oct 2003 10:29:57 GMT, wrote:

    >UniForum NZ Wellington Regional Meeting
    >InternetNZ Members Meeting
    >
    >When: Tuesday, 28 October 2003, 5:30pm for 6 pm
    >
    >Where: InternetNZ Meeting Room
    > Level 4, Hibernian House
    > 89 Willis St (Entrance off Bond St)
    >
    >Who: Bill Parkin, Vice-President UniForum NZ, Councillor InternetNZ
    >
    >What: Discussion of Goals, and Funding.
    >
    >The two societies have much in common. Their difference is crucial.
    >InternetNZ has to determine what it should do with a money supply
    >which is limited principally by the ability to justify its use.
    >UniForum NZ is acutely short of money.
    >Both have limited supply of interested members.
    >What should each of them do? Arguments with a sufficient case may
    >be adopted for use with either society. Both groups are at a crucial
    >planning stage.
    >
    >I can describe where we are up to - I need your input.
    >
    >Your thoughts can shape the future.
    >
    >All welcome.
    >
    >We hold regular monthly meetings on the last Tuesday of each month, so
    >mark your diary now.
    >Next Month's Meeting: Tuesday, 25 November 2003, 5:30pm
    > Final meeting for year.
    >
    >Suggestions for meeting topics are always welcome.
    >
    >For further information, contact Lesley Hughes

    Is this not spam? An organisation advertising in the Newsgroups.
    sal, Oct 27, 2003
  4. In article <>,
    sal <> wrote:

    > Is this not spam? An organisation advertising in the Newsgroups.

    No it is not. Please go to the FAQ
    (http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/nz-news-hierarchy/index.html)
    and read about it. The salient line is (amongst what is not acceptable):

    - Commercial advertisements

    This is not a commercial advertisement. Also acceptable is, as I have
    done myself in the past, promotion of arts events. Promotion of a user
    group and especially the Uniforum! is something that is particularly
    suited to Usenet.
    Laurie Fleming, Oct 27, 2003