    I get "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable"

    I'm reasonable sure the site is available since it is referred to
    in an Alt.politics post so what could be blocking it?

    J.wilson, Sep 13, 2005

  2. J.wilson wrote:
    > Attempting to access:
    >
    > http://www.halturnershow.com/index.html
    >
    > I get "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable"
    >
    > I'm reasonable sure the site is available since it is referred to
    > in an Alt.politics post so what could be blocking it?

    wont load here either.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 13, 2005

  3. J.wilson

    Chris Hope Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > J.wilson wrote:
    >> Attempting to access:
    >>
    >> http://www.halturnershow.com/index.html
    >>
    >> I get "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable"
    >>
    >> I'm reasonable sure the site is available since it is referred to
    >> in an Alt.politics post so what could be blocking it?

    > wont load here either.

    The nameservers for that domain are unreachable.

    Chris Hope, Sep 13, 2005
  4. J.wilson

    J.wilson Guest

    "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> J.wilson wrote:
    >>> Attempting to access:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.halturnershow.com/index.html
    >>>
    >>> I get "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable"
    >>>
    >>> I'm reasonable sure the site is available since it is referred to
    >>> in an Alt.politics post so what could be blocking it?

    >> wont load here either.

    > The nameservers for that domain are unreachable.
    >
    > --
    > Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.co.nz

    (Sorry Chris, wrong button :(

    Is there a way around this? I mean if the site can be accessed by,
    for example, people in America even though it is unreachable from
    here it might be accessed by some kind of proxy?

    J.wilson, Sep 14, 2005
  5. J.wilson

    Chris Hope Guest

    J.wilson wrote:

    > "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    >> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> wont load here either.

    >> The nameservers for that domain are unreachable.
    >>

    > (Sorry Chris, wrong button :(
    >
    > Is there a way around this? I mean if the site can be accessed by,
    > for example, people in America even though it is unreachable from
    > here it might be accessed by some kind of proxy?

    The server the site itself is on may well be reachable, but the way a
    website address works is the domain name has to be translated into an
    ip address before your browser can look the server and website up. The
    server that hosts the domain name for that particular site is what is
    unreachable.

    It's kind of like how when you want to find someone's phone number you
    look their name up in the phone book, only in this case you can't find
    the phone book.

    From the trace program I ran the problem appears to be on a network in
    the US. I guess you'll just have to try again tomorrow and /maybe/ it
    will be reachable again then.

    Chris Hope, Sep 14, 2005
  6. J.wilson

    Invisible Guest

    Seems to work through this: http://anonycat.com/index.htm

    Invisible, Sep 14, 2005
  7. J.wilson

    Chris Hope Guest

    Chris Hope wrote:

    > J.wilson wrote:
    >

    >> "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message

    >>> The nameservers for that domain are unreachable.
    >>>

    >> (Sorry Chris, wrong button :(
    >>
    >> Is there a way around this? I mean if the site can be accessed by,
    >> for example, people in America even though it is unreachable from
    >> here it might be accessed by some kind of proxy?

    > The server the site itself is on may well be reachable, but the way a
    > website address works is the domain name has to be translated into an
    > ip address before your browser can look the server and website up. The
    > server that hosts the domain name for that particular site is what is
    > unreachable.
    >
    > It's kind of like how when you want to find someone's phone number you
    > look their name up in the phone book, only in this case you can't find
    > the phone book.
    >
    > From the trace program I ran the problem appears to be on a network in
    > the US. I guess you'll just have to try again tomorrow and /maybe/ it
    > will be reachable again then.

    Looks like it works via the proxy Invisible suggested. It must have an
    easier route to those servers :)

    Chris Hope, Sep 14, 2005
  8. J.wilson

    J.wilson Guest

    "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >
    >> J.wilson wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message

    >>> (Sorry Chris, wrong button :(
    >>>
    >>> Is there a way around this? I mean if the site can be accessed by,
    >>> for example, people in America even though it is unreachable from
    >>> here it might be accessed by some kind of proxy?

    >> The server the site itself is on may well be reachable, but the way a
    >> website address works is the domain name has to be translated into an
    >> ip address before your browser can look the server and website up. The
    >> server that hosts the domain name for that particular site is what is
    >> unreachable.
    >>
    >> It's kind of like how when you want to find someone's phone number you
    >> look their name up in the phone book, only in this case you can't find
    >> the phone book.
    >>
    >> From the trace program I ran the problem appears to be on a network in
    >> the US. I guess you'll just have to try again tomorrow and /maybe/ it
    >> will be reachable again then.

    > Looks like it works via the proxy Invisible suggested. It must have an
    > easier route to those servers :)
    >
    > --
    > Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.co.nz

    Many thanks for that, Chris, and Invisible. :)

    J.wilson, Sep 14, 2005
  9. In article <>,
    Invisible <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:07:48 +1200, "J.wilson" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Is there a way around this? I mean if the site can be accessed by,
    >>for example, people in America even though it is unreachable from
    >>here it might be accessed by some kind of proxy?
    >>

    >Seems to work through this: http://anonycat.com/index.htm

    Sometimes people "cloak" websites from access by particular IP addresses.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 14, 2005