    printer sharing, file sharing, or let you play games via the LAN. They don't
    see each other on the workgroup.

    Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iYm8=?=, Nov 15, 2004

  2. If you want to work through this one-on-one, send me an email at
    and I will walk you through the steps.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Nov 16, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Um9iYm8=?=

    Malke Guest

    Robbo wrote:

    > I have the internet working fine between my two computers. I am using
    > a ADSL router and modem in one computer that plugs into the ethernet
    > slot of the PC. the other connects to the network using a USB adapter.
    > These are both Netgear. The internet works fine, but the other
    > characteristics of a LAN I cannot get to work.
    >
    > The computers don't seemto think they are connected at all and do not
    > allow printer sharing, file sharing, or let you play games via the
    > LAN. They don't see each other on the workgroup.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to fix this?

    Run through MVP Hans-Georg Michna's network troubleshooter here:

    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm - Small Network Troubleshooter by
    Hans-Georg Michna

    After you've done that, here are some other very good networking sites
    to help you:

    http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/
    http://www.wown.info/
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/