    Ok enough of my bloody soap box. What are you gonna do about it? Just sit there,
    trash this and do nothing? Or doesn't "We, the people....." mean jack shit
    anymore.

    concerned adult USA citizen, Feb 26, 2008

  2. concerned adult USA citizen

    G. Morgan Guest

    concerned adult USA citizen wrote:

    >I have learned that the news service I use, newsguy.com, has been dropping
    >various binaries groups based upon the fact that the watchdog organization known
    >as intnernet watch foundation (IWF) has told them the group contains child
    >pornography.
    >
    >To my knowledge, the IWF, an organization based in the United Kingdom, is using
    >UK laws as their basis for their complaints. UK laws and USA laws differ on this
    >subject. In the USA, mere nudity is not illegal. Even if the person is under the
    >age of 18. See title 18 USC 2256.
    >
    >I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit still and let some bloody bloke
    >from a foreign country tell me what it is I can't view if I want to. The last
    >time that was tried, the Brits lost the battle and a new country was formed. Are
    >you going to let them tell you you can't watch your favorite tv show because it
    >doesn't conform to British laws?
    >WTF is going on here. Are these damn Brits trying to dominate the world again?
    >
    >Ok enough of my bloody soap box. What are you gonna do about it? Just sit there,
    >trash this and do nothing? Or doesn't "We, the people....." mean jack shit
    >anymore.

    The newsgroups in question probably did contain kiddy porn else newsguy.com
    wouldn't have bothered, eh? If you want to download that stuff find another
    provider, scumbag.

    --

    I kill all Google Group posts, you can too.
    Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org

    G. Morgan, Feb 26, 2008

  3. concerned adult USA citizen

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 03:47:59 +0000 (UTC), G. Morgan
    <> wrote:

    >concerned adult USA citizen wrote:
    >
    >>I have learned that the news service I use, newsguy.com, has been dropping
    >>various binaries groups based upon the fact that the watchdog organization known
    >>as intnernet watch foundation (IWF) has told them the group contains child
    >>pornography.
    >>
    >>To my knowledge, the IWF, an organization based in the United Kingdom, is using
    >>UK laws as their basis for their complaints. UK laws and USA laws differ on this
    >>subject. In the USA, mere nudity is not illegal. Even if the person is under the
    >>age of 18. See title 18 USC 2256.
    >>
    >>I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit still and let some bloody bloke
    >>from a foreign country tell me what it is I can't view if I want to. The last
    >>time that was tried, the Brits lost the battle and a new country was formed. Are
    >>you going to let them tell you you can't watch your favorite tv show because it
    >>doesn't conform to British laws?
    >>WTF is going on here. Are these damn Brits trying to dominate the world again?
    >>
    >>Ok enough of my bloody soap box. What are you gonna do about it? Just sit there,
    >>trash this and do nothing? Or doesn't "We, the people....." mean jack shit
    >>anymore.

    >The newsgroups in question probably did contain kiddy porn else newsguy.com
    >wouldn't have bothered, eh? If you want to download that stuff find another
    >provider, scumbag.

    Either way, I think it should OUR choice. A few years ago, giganews,
    among others, were dropping certain so called KP groups. All that did
    was to force the damn fools into using other groups. So giganews quit
    coddling to the various watch dog groups and reinstated the groups.
    It's kind of like the few watch dog groups of the trucking industry
    who are demanding they get what they want. While none of them know a
    damn thing about trucking.
    Let's say you haunt an MP3 group. Somebody comes along and posts a
    thousand images of nude little kids. Legality aside for the moment.
    Does IWF have the legal right to tell anyone to shut the group down?
    What's wrong with enforcing the laws upon the people that post the
    shit?

    I agree, the IWF oughta keep their damn mits out of enforcing the
    laws.

    Next thing ya know, your website gets shut down because they don't
    like your content.

    Just like with the RIAA crap.

    --

    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain(attributed)

    richard, Feb 26, 2008
  4. concerned adult USA citizen

    SgtMinor Guest

    concerned adult USA citizen wrote:
    > I have learned that the news service I use, newsguy.com, has been dropping
    > various binaries groups based upon the fact that the watchdog organization known
    > as intnernet watch foundation (IWF) has told them the group contains child
    > pornography.
    >
    > To my knowledge, the IWF, an organization based in the United Kingdom, is using
    > UK laws as their basis for their complaints. UK laws and USA laws differ on this
    > subject. In the USA, mere nudity is not illegal. Even if the person is under the
    > age of 18. See title 18 USC 2256.
    >
    > I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit still and let some bloody bloke
    > from a foreign country tell me what it is I can't view if I want to. The last
    > time that was tried, the Brits lost the battle and a new country was formed. Are
    > you going to let them tell you you can't watch your favorite tv show because it
    > doesn't conform to British laws?
    > WTF is going on here. Are these damn Brits trying to dominate the world again?
    >
    > Ok enough of my bloody soap box. What are you gonna do about it? Just sit there,
    > trash this and do nothing? Or doesn't "We, the people....." mean jack shit
    > anymore.

    The IWF is a solution looking for a problem. You don't know if you're
    dealing with a bunch of do-gooders or a group of people trying to
    justify their existence. And with each of their baby with bathwater
    "solutions" they help choke off another one of our freedoms.

    SgtMinor, Feb 26, 2008
  5. concerned adult USA citizen

    Mara Guest

    On 25 Feb 2008 19:30:05 -0800, concerned adult USA citizen
    <> wrote:

    >I have learned that the news service I use, newsguy.com, has been dropping
    >various binaries groups based upon the fact that the watchdog organization known
    >as intnernet watch foundation (IWF) has told them the group contains child
    >pornography.
    >
    >To my knowledge, the IWF, an organization based in the United Kingdom, is using
    >UK laws as their basis for their complaints. UK laws and USA laws differ on this
    >subject. In the USA, mere nudity is not illegal. Even if the person is under the
    >age of 18. See title 18 USC 2256.
    >
    >I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit still and let some bloody bloke
    >from a foreign country tell me what it is I can't view if I want to.

    If you want to watch kiddie porn, do it from the Greybar Hotel. Tip: The "Brits"
    won't put you there. *WE* will.

    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00002252---A000-.html

    Surely this is a troll. No human could be that stupid.

    --
    Q. Does Usenet help stamp out ignorance?
    A. That depends on whether by `stamp out' you mean `eliminate'

    Mara, Feb 26, 2008
  6. concerned adult USA citizen

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:04:42 -0500, richard <> wrote:

    <snip>
    >Either way, I think it should OUR choice. A few years ago, giganews,
    >among others, were dropping certain so called KP groups. All that did
    >was to force the damn fools into using other groups. So giganews quit
    >coddling to the various watch dog groups and reinstated the groups.
    >It's kind of like the few watch dog groups of the trucking industry
    >who are demanding they get what they want. While none of them know a
    >damn thing about trucking.

    What does trucking have to do with your penchant for pedophilia, RtS?

    Hint: Don't bother to reply. I've known about you for years.

    Mara, Feb 26, 2008
  7. concerned adult USA citizen

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:21:21 -0600, Mara
    <> wrote:

    >On 25 Feb 2008 19:30:05 -0800, concerned adult USA citizen
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I have learned that the news service I use, newsguy.com, has been dropping
    >>various binaries groups based upon the fact that the watchdog organization known
    >>as intnernet watch foundation (IWF) has told them the group contains child
    >>pornography.
    >>
    >>To my knowledge, the IWF, an organization based in the United Kingdom, is using
    >>UK laws as their basis for their complaints. UK laws and USA laws differ on this
    >>subject. In the USA, mere nudity is not illegal. Even if the person is under the
    >>age of 18. See title 18 USC 2256.
    >>
    >>I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit still and let some bloody bloke
    >>from a foreign country tell me what it is I can't view if I want to.

    >If you want to watch kiddie porn, do it from the Greybar Hotel. Tip: The "Brits"
    >won't put you there. *WE* will.
    >
    >http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00002252---A000-.html
    >
    >Surely this is a troll. No human could be that stupid.

    But 2256 actually defines what is child pornography.
    Viewing of nudity, regardless of age, is not an illegal act in the
    USA.
    In other countries, like Australia, it is. A couple in Venezuela found
    out that tricking little girls to pose naked got them a stay in the
    country club for a few years.
    In Japan, the kids can be naked, but the genitals have to be masked.

    richard, Feb 26, 2008
  8. concerned adult USA citizen

    G. Morgan Guest

    richard wrote:

    >On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 03:47:59 +0000 (UTC), G. Morgan
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>concerned adult USA citizen wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have learned that the news service I use, newsguy.com, has been dropping
    >>>various binaries groups based upon the fact that the watchdog organization known
    >>>as intnernet watch foundation (IWF) has told them the group contains child
    >>>pornography.
    >>>
    >>>To my knowledge, the IWF, an organization based in the United Kingdom, is using
    >>>UK laws as their basis for their complaints. UK laws and USA laws differ on this
    >>>subject. In the USA, mere nudity is not illegal. Even if the person is under the
    >>>age of 18. See title 18 USC 2256.
    >>>
    >>>I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit still and let some bloody bloke
    >>>from a foreign country tell me what it is I can't view if I want to. The last
    >>>time that was tried, the Brits lost the battle and a new country was formed. Are
    >>>you going to let them tell you you can't watch your favorite tv show because it
    >>>doesn't conform to British laws?
    >>>WTF is going on here. Are these damn Brits trying to dominate the world again?
    >>>
    >>>Ok enough of my bloody soap box. What are you gonna do about it? Just sit there,
    >>>trash this and do nothing? Or doesn't "We, the people....." mean jack shit
    >>>anymore.

    >>The newsgroups in question probably did contain kiddy porn else newsguy.com
    >>wouldn't have bothered, eh? If you want to download that stuff find another
    >>provider, scumbag.

    >Either way, I think it should OUR choice. A few years ago, giganews,
    >among others, were dropping certain so called KP groups. All that did
    >was to force the damn fools into using other groups. So giganews quit
    >coddling to the various watch dog groups and reinstated the groups.
    >It's kind of like the few watch dog groups of the trucking industry
    >who are demanding they get what they want. While none of them know a
    >damn thing about trucking.
    >Let's say you haunt an MP3 group. Somebody comes along and posts a
    >thousand images of nude little kids. Legality aside for the moment.
    >Does IWF have the legal right to tell anyone to shut the group down?
    >What's wrong with enforcing the laws upon the people that post the
    >shit?

    Alright Richard, I'll bite. Let's say somebody comes to any group and posts
    illegal pics. Yes, they <the authorities, police, FBI, ETC..> should go after
    the person who posted the stuff. But here's one to wrap your mind around -
    those illegal files are now residing on the news servers disks, which would make
    the owner of the news server(s) guilty of possession. I would argue that it the
    responsibility of the provider to make reasonable efforts to ensure that such
    material is not available. Such reasonable efforts would include not carrying
    groups that are known to contain that material, immediately destroying any that
    gets through, and report the posters information to the authorities. It is a
    matter of liability and legal exposure for an NSP to carry illegal material, one
    headache that a good businessman would want to avoid.

    >I agree, the IWF oughta keep their damn mits out of enforcing the
    >laws.

    Yeah right. It's a terrible thing they do. Of course you've been an advocate
    of kiddy pics yourself, shall I post the Google links?

    >Next thing ya know, your website gets shut down because they don't
    >like your content.
    >
    >Just like with the RIAA crap.

    Yup.

    G. Morgan, Feb 26, 2008
  9. concerned adult USA citizen

    chuckcar Guest

    G. Morgan <> wrote in

    > concerned adult USA citizen wrote:
    >
    >>I have learned that the news service I use, newsguy.com, has been
    >>dropping various binaries groups based upon the fact that the watchdog
    >>organization known as intnernet watch foundation (IWF) has told them
    >>the group contains child pornography.
    >>
    >>To my knowledge, the IWF, an organization based in the United Kingdom,
    >>is using UK laws as their basis for their complaints. UK laws and USA
    >>laws differ on this subject. In the USA, mere nudity is not illegal.
    >>Even if the person is under the age of 18. See title 18 USC 2256.
    >>
    >>I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit still and let some
    >>bloody bloke from a foreign country tell me what it is I can't view if
    >>I want to. The last time that was tried, the Brits lost the battle and
    >>a new country was formed. Are you going to let them tell you you can't
    >>watch your favorite tv show because it doesn't conform to British
    >>laws? WTF is going on here. Are these damn Brits trying to dominate
    >>the world again?
    >>
    >>Ok enough of my bloody soap box. What are you gonna do about it? Just
    >>sit there, trash this and do nothing? Or doesn't "We, the people....."
    >>mean jack shit anymore.

    > The newsgroups in question probably did contain kiddy porn else
    > newsguy.com wouldn't have bothered, eh? If you want to download that
    > stuff find another provider, scumbag.

    Any Sucessful facist/repressive state has always started by repressing
    things that everyone agreed with censoring. Some time after that the
    wierd stuff happens, usually without people complaining or noticing.
    This "variety" of porn has been around usenet since the beginning of
    the alt.binaries hiarchy, so is removing it an improvement to the world,
    or just a precursor to more rigid censorship? Neither you nor I know,
    but I know that this can be a path to darkness, never enlightenment.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 26, 2008
  10. concerned adult USA citizen

    Plato Guest

    concerned adult USA citizen wrote:

    > I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit still and let some bloody bloke
    > from a foreign country tell me what it is I can't view if I want to. The last

    Last time in France, there was an info commercial on re:

    "the Vagina Designer"

    Each govt. can make their own rules. Live with them or move...

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 26, 2008
  11. concerned adult USA citizen

    Mike Easter Guest

    concerned adult USA citizen wrote:
    > I have learned that the news service I use, newsguy.com, has been
    > dropping various binaries groups

    > What are you gonna do about it?

    Let me see if I'm into your post crystal clear.

    Your newsservice is dropping some groups and you want to know what /I'm/
    going to do about it -- or what /we/ are going to do about it.

    If /I/ want newsgroups one newsserver doesn't carry, I get those groups
    from a different newsserver; I'm completely confused about why you want
    someone else to do something about /your/ possible problem.

    If you are trying to access kp kiddieporn, you should do so very very
    carefully or you will be in jail for a very long time. And, then when
    you finally get out, if you do, there won't be anyplace where you will
    be allowed to live.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 26, 2008
  12. concerned adult USA citizen

    VanguardLH Guest

    "concerned adult USA citizen" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > I have learned that the news service I use, newsguy.com, has been
    > dropping
    > various binaries groups based upon the fact that the watchdog
    > organization known
    > as intnernet watch foundation (IWF) has told them the group contains
    > child
    > pornography.

    <snip>

    So instead of advocating the abolishment of censorship, why aren't you
    advocating that all newsgroup providers demand that a *valid*
    NNTP-Post-Host header be specified in every post. If missing, that
    post doesn't proliferate to other NNTP server and has limited
    visibility only on the NNTP to which the poster submitted and for
    which its NNTP administrator can track down who posted it. Why aren't
    you advocating that all NNTP servers require the user to login rather
    than permitting anonymous connections? Also, all nym posters would
    get blocked.

    If Usenet got rid of letting posters hide and refused to let propagate
    any posts from those hiding posters then those posters would
    understand that they can be held legally responsible for what they
    post. Bright light and discovery gets rid of a lot of vermin. Yeah,
    there are those that argue that anonymous posting is a right in
    Usenet, as though Usenet would suddenly disappear if anonymity were
    banned. They forget how Usenet started, its intent, and its original
    community. We have pest posts in Usenet because NNTP was designed on
    trust. We have spam because SMTP was designed on trust. See what
    happens when you trust the average boob enabled by technology to have
    a worldwide voice without responsibility.

    VanguardLH, Feb 26, 2008
  13. concerned adult USA citizen

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > concerned adult USA citizen wrote:
    >>
    >> I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit still and let some
    >> bloody bloke
    >> from a foreign country tell me what it is I can't view if I want
    >> to. The last

    > Last time in France, there was an info commercial on re:
    >
    > "the Vagina Designer"
    >
    > Each govt. can make their own rules. Live with them or move...

    Ahem.
    IWF is a bunch of brits on a self-appointed committed (like various
    religious or morality groups self-create their groups).
    newsguy.com's registrant is in the USA.
    So a USA provider is bowing to pressure from a group of brits.
    More likely newsguy agrees with IWF and maybe they even help support
    or fund the IWF.

    Where did you get the impression that IWF was a governmental entity?
    Working with the police and government doesn't make you the police or
    government. Hospitals report gun-shot wounds to the police. Doesn't
    make the hospital into a branch of the police.
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Watch_Foundation)
    IWF is funded by the EU. You do know what is the purpose of EU,
    right?

    Don't know why they targeted newsguy unless they are running out of
    US-based information services to harass. I don't use newsguy but have
    to wonder why the OP didn't bother to ask newsguy why newsguy *chose*
    to follow IWF's guidelines or requests. Seems like a voluntary choice
    by newsguy.

    So where did you plan on moving?

    VanguardLH, Feb 26, 2008
  14. concerned adult USA citizen

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:43:32 -0600, "VanguardLH" <> wrote:

    >"concerned adult USA citizen" <> wrote in
    >message news:...
    >> I have learned that the news service I use, newsguy.com, has been
    >> dropping
    >> various binaries groups based upon the fact that the watchdog
    >> organization known
    >> as intnernet watch foundation (IWF) has told them the group contains
    >> child
    >> pornography.

    ><snip>
    >
    >So instead of advocating the abolishment of censorship, why aren't you
    >advocating that all newsgroup providers demand that a *valid*
    >NNTP-Post-Host header be specified in every post. If missing, that
    >post doesn't proliferate to other NNTP server and has limited
    >visibility only on the NNTP to which the poster submitted and for
    >which its NNTP administrator can track down who posted it. Why aren't
    >you advocating that all NNTP servers require the user to login rather
    >than permitting anonymous connections? Also, all nym posters would
    >get blocked.
    >
    >If Usenet got rid of letting posters hide and refused to let propagate
    >any posts from those hiding posters then those posters would
    >understand that they can be held legally responsible for what they
    >post. Bright light and discovery gets rid of a lot of vermin. Yeah,
    >there are those that argue that anonymous posting is a right in
    >Usenet, as though Usenet would suddenly disappear if anonymity were
    >banned. They forget how Usenet started, its intent, and its original
    >community. We have pest posts in Usenet because NNTP was designed on
    >trust. We have spam because SMTP was designed on trust. See what
    >happens when you trust the average boob enabled by technology to have
    >a worldwide voice without responsibility.

    Actually, the message ID is more precise to finding YOU.
    There is a code built into it that will practically give codebreakers
    your home address.
    I know that the first 5 characters are the server you posted through.

    Usenet was born in an attempt to communicate between two totally
    different networks as well as machines.

    richard, Feb 26, 2008
  15. concerned adult USA citizen

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-02-26, richard <> wrote:

    [...]

    > Actually, the message ID is more precise to finding YOU.
    > There is a code built into it that will practically give codebreakers
    > your home address.
    > I know that the first 5 characters are the server you posted through.

    I don't know where that idea originated, but it's total bollocks.

    > Usenet was born in an attempt to communicate between two totally
    > different networks as well as machines.

    Nope. Wrong again:-

    ..-----<http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/software/part1/>

    '-----

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Feb 26, 2008
  16. concerned adult USA citizen

    G. Morgan Guest

    richard the St00pid wrote:

    >Actually, the message ID is more precise to finding YOU.
    >There is a code built into it that will practically give codebreakers
    >your home address.
    >I know that the first 5 characters are the server you posted through.

    You sure don't mind throwing stuff out there for which you have zero knowledge
    of, huh? I can make my message-id anything I want it to be. In my case I use
    an MD5 hash based on the system time. The message ID can originate at the
    client side and be preloaded - or left up to the server to stamp (in which case
    it's up to the server operator to make up the syntax).

    >Usenet was born in an attempt to communicate between two totally
    >different networks as well as machines.

    Yawn. Did you take two st00pid pills today?

    G. Morgan, Feb 26, 2008
  17. G.Morgan wrote:

    > richard the St00pid wrote:
    >

    >>Actually, the message ID is more precise to finding YOU.
    >>There is a code built into it that will practically give codebreakers
    >>your home address.
    >>I know that the first 5 characters are the server you posted through.

    > You sure don't mind throwing stuff out there for which you have zero knowledge
    > of, huh? I can make my message-id anything I want it to be. In my case I use
    > an MD5 hash based on the system time. The message ID can originate at the
    > client side and be preloaded - or left up to the server to stamp (in which case
    > it's up to the server operator to make up the syntax).
    >
    >>Usenet was born in an attempt to communicate between two totally
    >>different networks as well as machines.

    > Yawn. Did you take two st00pid pills today?

    I see no evidence that he's reduced his dosage.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 26, 2008
  18. concerned adult USA citizen

    G. Morgan Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:

    >richard the St00pid wrote:
    >

    >>Actually, the message ID is more precise to finding YOU.
    >>There is a code built into it that will practically give codebreakers
    >>your home address.
    >>I know that the first 5 characters are the server you posted through.

    >You sure don't mind throwing stuff out there for which you have zero knowledge
    >of, huh? I can make my message-id anything I want it to be. In my case I use
    >an MD5 hash based on the system time. The message ID can originate at the
    >client side and be preloaded - or left up to the server to stamp (in which case
    >it's up to the server operator to make up the syntax).
    >
    >>Usenet was born in an attempt to communicate between two totally
    >>different networks as well as machines.

    >Yawn. Did you take two st00pid pills today?

    Hey RtS... Look at the MID of the one I'm replying to. That must mean I work
    for the DEA division 36!

    G. Morgan, Feb 26, 2008
  19. concerned adult USA citizen

    G. Morgan Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Yawn. Did you take two st00pid pills today?

    >I see no evidence that he's reduced his dosage.

    Nope ;-) I think he's doubling up.

    G. Morgan, Feb 26, 2008
  20. G.Morgan wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>> Yawn. Did you take two st00pid pills today?

    >>I see no evidence that he's reduced his dosage.

    > Nope ;-) I think he's doubling up.

    Cheaper by the dozen.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 27, 2008